Free Biometric Screenings Offered
Free Biometric Screenings will be available at the Rhatigan Student Center on the following dates:
|Date (appt. times generally from 8:00a-2:00p)||Location|
|Tuesday, January 23, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
|Tuesday, February 20, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
|Tuesday, March 27, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Harvest Room #142|
|Tuesday, April 17, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
|Tuesday, May 22, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Harvest Room #142|
|Tuesday, August 21, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Harvest Room #142|
|Tuesday, September 18, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
|Tuesday, October 23, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
|Tuesday, November 6, 2018||Rhatigan Student Center - Olive Room #261|
- Deadline to sign up is 3 DAYS PRIOR TO DATE by midnight.
- Employees can schedule an appointment by logging in to HeathQuest https://kansashealthquest.cernerwellness.com and selecting an available time slot. (Detailed instructions can be found here.) They can also call HealthQuest toll-free at 1-888-275-1205 (option 3).
- All employees, and their spouses, are encouraged to get their values taken whether they can make an appointment or need to walk in.
What is a Biometric Screening?
Knowing cholesterol or blood glucose values can help you identify serious risks and manage or prevent health problems before they occur. HealthQuest sponsors free biometric screenings at worksites statewide. Testing is conducted in 30 minutes or less using a simple finger stick. Results you will receive include:
- Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL and total Cholesterol to HDL ratio
- Triglycerides and Glucose
- Systolic and Diastolic Blood Pressure
- Height, Weight, and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Waist Circumference
Remember for best results to fast for a minimum of 9 hours prior to your appointment. Water, tea and black coffee (no cream or sugar) are okay. Take medications as usual also.
Please note: Our testing devices are FDA approved and used all over the country by
screening companies and in many other places. Our lab equipment is checked for quality
control in the field every day before an event starts. Because these devices are so
sensitive they will pick up on lotions, hand sanitizers, aftershave etc… So for the
benefit of these tests, we would appreciate everyone drinking plenty of water and
washing their hands with warm soapy water.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
- Benefits eligible State and Non-State employees who are enrolled in the state employee health plan or who have waived coverage in the plan
- Retirees and spouses who are enrolled in the state employee health plan
How Do I Sign Up?
- Log-on to your account on the wellness portal (https://kansashealthquest.cernerwellness.com) and click on Your Resources at the top, then choose “Biometric Screenings” which is the second option. Then choose the selection “On-Site Screenings.”
- If you have trouble with the internet or prefer the phone you can also call 1-888-275-1205
and select option 5 for assistance in making an appointment.
- The early morning appointments fill up quickly so schedule your appointment as soon as possible
- The appointment system closes 3 business days prior to event
- Employee/Health Plan Members can attend 1 screening between January 1st through December 31st.
How Do I Earn the 2018 Premium Incentive?
- Obtain your Biometric Values by one of three ways.
- Attend a Biometric Screening event.
- Ordering and complete an at-home screening test offered by HealthQuest.
- Scheduling an appointment with your physician for a preventative screening assessment.
- Earn credits by completing the required Health Assessment Questionnaire on the wellness
- You will need your biometric values in order to complete the questionnaire.
- Earn additional credits by participating in various activities ranging from challenges, virtual coaching, preventative doctor's visits and much more!
All credits must be completed by December 31st.
For any other questions please feel free to send an email at email@example.com
More information about Biometric Screenings offered by the Kansas State Employee Health Plan can be found on their website http://www.kdheks.gov/hcf/healthquest/screening.html.
You may email HealthQuest directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for any programs 1-888-275-1205
TTY for all other programs 1-888-277-1543
TDD/TT for EAP 1-800-697-0353
HealthQuest Portal is located at https://kansashealthquest.cernerwellness.com.
Reviewed: 4/7/16 MT
Revised: 1/4/18 SP