To better recruit, retain and develop quality staff, Wichita State University (WSU) is conducting a Classification and Market Study to review and redesign, where applicable, our current employee classification and compensation system.
Town Hall Meeting - Resources
The Study is for non-faculty staff only (faculty, academic staff, and student employees will not be included). We have hired CBIZ Human Capital Services to assist us with this study.
- Message from President Bardo, 12/12/14
- Market Study Overview
- Town Hall PowerPoint Presentation, 12/15/14
- Email to Supervisors about Completing JAQs
Town Hall Meeting with Ed Rataz on 12/8/15
To view the video of the town hall meeting to to the link inside myWSU in the “Human Resources Links” channel under the “Faculty/Staff” tab.
Job Analysis Questionnaire (JAQ) -- The consultants have requested that all USS and UPS staff complete a questionnaire (JAQ) to gather information on job responsibilities, education, experience, and skills required for your job.
- Job Analysis Questionnaire (JAQ) - This is a fillable pdf document, if you would like to complete your JAQ on your computer. Once your JAQ is completed, you may save to your computer to submit to your supervisor for their response before printing the document to submit to Human Resources.
- See more about the Job Analysis Questionnaire
The goals of the Study are:
- To develop and define WSU’s compensation philosophy,
- To develop an equitable, consistent and competitive classification and compensation plan,
- To ensure the plan supports sound principles of compensation design,
- To create consistent titling, clearer career paths and recognizable differences between the jobs,
- To ensure internal equity between positions, and
- To achieve a competitive pay relationship with the market
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- FAQs can be found here.
1845 Fairmount St., Campus Box 15
Human Resources Center
Wichita State University
Wichita KS 67260-0015