The old Cisco VPN had limited concurrent sessions available. The new VPN allows for more sessions. Please update your remote devices to the new VPN as soon as possible. Instructions are listed below.
- Creating a VPN Session is NOT required for several WSU Applications. For example the following DO NOT require VPN: Blackboard, myWSU, Skype, TEAMs, Microsoft Office 365, Employee Dashboard, Banner Self Service.
- VPN Session is REQUIRED for the following: access a work computer located on campus, online Avaya Voicemail access, WSU shared drives, Reporting Services, WSU Reporting, and Banner 9 (PROD).
Please Note: If you have not used Remote Desktop previously, your work computer must be set up to connect remotely. Please Submit a ticket for Remote Desktop access or click here for instructions on submitting a ticket. Contact the ITS Technology Help Desk at (316) 978-4357, option 1 for assistance.
Download and install VPN
- Go to: vpn2.wichita.edu
- Log in with your WSU ID and password
- Select 32 Bit or 64 Bit from the list of options
- Not sure what version you need? Press your windows key and type “bit version.” Select
“see if you have 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows” from the search results.
- Not sure what version you need? Press your windows key and type “bit version.” Select “see if you have 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows” from the search results.
- In the popup that appears, press Save File.
- Keep the default location and press Save
- The Setup Wizard will launch. Press Next until you come to the final section that reads “Click ‘Next’ to start installation.”
- Press Next to confirm the installation to begin.
- You will receive a message when the program is successfully installed. Press Close
- The VPN program will likely launch automatically after installation, but if it does
not, you will be able to access it by clicking on the Hidden Icons (arrow) button, and selecting the GlobalProtect icon (globe).
- The first time you connect, you will need to enter a portal address: vpn2.wichita.edu.
- When prompted, enter your WSUID and password. Press Sign In.
Day to Day Use
In the future, when you would like to connect, go to More Icons arrow, and select the GlobalProtect icon.
- Press Connect. You will be connected to the VPN with the settings you originally entered.
- To Disconnect, select the Global Connect icon, and press Disconnect.
Contact ITS Help Desk with any issues at (316) 978-4357, option 1 for assistance.
Old Cisco VPN can be found here: