Password Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can use myWSU?
- How do I get a myWSU password?
- What do I do if I can't login?
- Are the myWSU ID and Password case sensitive?
- Do myWSU ID passwords expire?
- Can you ever reuse an old password?
- What are the password requirements?
- What are examples of strong passwords?
- Where is the myWSU ID and password used?
- How do I reset the username and/or password on the Undergraduate Admissions Application?
Only WSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni who have a myWSU ID and password can login to the myWSU portal for personalized content.
New students can setup a new password by going to http://mywsu.wichita.edu. Click on "Manage Your Password", then click "Forgot/Setup Password". It will prompt you for your non-WSU email address that we have on file, along with your myWSU ID. A link will be sent to that address which will allow you to set security questions, and a password.
New faculty/staff can see instructions here.
- Don't remember your password?
- Go to http://myWSU.wichita.edu, and click 'Manage your password'. Type your myWSU ID, leave the password blank, and click submit. Answer your secret questions to reset your password. Your new password must be between 8 and 16 characters, start with a letter, and contain upper, lower case letters, and numbers only. Symbols are not allowed.
- Can't remember your myWSU ID or secret questions?
- Go to http://wsuaccess.wichita.edu, and fill out the form. You will be given a cover sheet to use to fax over a government issued photo ID. You will be emailed a link that will show your ID, and allow you to change your password.
MyWSU ID's are not case sensitive. Passwords are case sensitive.
myWSU passwords expire after 90 days. WSU is committed to maintaining security to online services. Regular expiration of passwords is a key component of the security plan.
- Passwords are not to be shared. Confidential information is housed on University systems accessed by a user’s myWSU ID and password. If you suspect, or know your password is compromised change it immediately!
- Passwords are case sensitive. This is a change for many users.
- Passwords are alpha-numeric; a minimum length of 8, and a maximum length of 16.
- Passwords may not contain spaces.
- The first character must be an alphabetic character (A - Z or a - z).
- Passwords must have upper and lower case letters.
- Passwords must include at least one (1) number (0 - 9).
- At this time special characters are NOT allowed in myWSU ID passwords.
- Passwords expire every 90 days.
- A previous password may not be reused.
- Your password cannot be the same as your myWSU ID.
- Additional password rules may be distributed at a later date.
- These rules apply to all systems that use your myWSU ID.
You can never reuse an old myWSU password.
• Strong passwords are easy to remember and hard to guess.
• Start with a dictionary word, and incorporate numbers to create a non-dictionary word (i.e. Flagpole fla4gpo8le).
• Use the first letter in a phrase, and incorporate numbers (i.e: Jack and Jill ran up the hill jajru48th).
• Don't use personal information, or these examples when creating your strong password. Avoid making passwords with patterns (ie: a1234567 or mmmmmmm9).
- Email for students and staff
- Connecting to Wifi
- Self Service and Banner
- Logging into lab PCs on campus
- Most staff computers
The username and password for the Undergraduate Admissions Application is set by the applicant. The Help Desk cannot lookup, or reset this information. It is usually faster to start the process over if the application was not completed. Undergraduate Admissions has the capability of resetting this information. They can be contacted at (316) 978-3085. Graduate School Admissions and International Admissions questions should be directed to those departments.