The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Agreement
Captions and Caption Accuracy Standards
- Accessibility training outcomes and objectives for Wichita State. These outcomes and objectives are linked to WSU’s agreement with the National Federation
of the Blind. This list should be very useful to schools attempting to create a complete
accessibility training program for instructional staff.
- Guidelines for Face-to-Face Instruction. While guidelines for digital accessibility are pretty clear, there is much less
regulation surrounding face-to-face instruction. Wichita State addresses these guidelines
at two levels: “recommendations” and “expectations.” Recommendations describe a very
high level of accessibility whereas expectations help to get people started creating
an accessible face-to-face classroom.
- Technology Audit Rubric (multi-page google form). WSU conducted an audit of all EIT (Electronic and Information
Technology) on campus as an element of the university’s response to the agreement.
This is a link to the audit questions/criteria that were used, which were based on
a mix of WCAG and ADA standards
- Educational Accessibility Technologist: We are providing this position description as a word document for easy of adaptation
- Adaptive Technology Specialist: We are providing this position description as a word document for easy of adaptation
Presentations, Powerpoints, and Documents