President's Distinguished Service Award for USS Staff
The 2017 nominations have been selected. The winners are listed on the President's Award Recipient page. The next call for nominations will be spring of 2018.
Nomination Tips for the USS Senate
- The nomination form is required. Up to 3 additional letters of support from other university/community members may also be submitted. The committee will review the first 3 letters of recommendation received. If more than 3 arrive, the committee chairperson will contact the nominator to determine which letters to use for submission.
- No additional materials will be reviewed by the committee.
- Nomination forms and letters may be submitted as hard-copy or electronically (preferred).
- Letters of support and the nomination form should be no more than two pages in length each.
- Each year begins a new process. Previous award winners are not eligible nominees.
- The selection committee will be judging submitted material on the criteria below. These criteria will be used to facilitate discussions by the selection committee.
o Years of service
o Exemplary Service
o Dedicated Service
o Caring Service
o How the nominee exemplified at least one of the six university values
- Three people will be selected for awards by the USS Senate each year.
- All submitted materials become the property of the selection committee.
- The Bardo Five.
At Wichita State University , we value...
- Seizing opportunities
- Success for all stakeholders
- Diversity of culture, thought, and experience
- Adaptive approaches
- Positive risk-taking