Wichita State University has established a Business Procurement Card (BPC) program for WSU Representatives authorized to participate. The program is a component of the State of Kansas Procurement Card Program with UMB Bank and is subject to all program requirements therein.
The purpose of the program is to provide a more efficient cost-effective method of paying for WSU Official Business related purchases within the established usage limitations set for the program. For questions related to the BPC program, please contact the BPC Administrator at 316-978-5185 or by email: PcardAdmin@wichita.edu
How do I get a card?
All Applicants requesting a Business Procurement Card for Official Business Use only, are asked to complete the BPC Application - (revised 06/2019) and return it to Box 12. Applicants must be an employee of the State of Kansas in a non-probationary status. Temporary employees are not eligible. A card will be distributed once the Applicant has completed a training session, signed the Account holder agreement form indicating that the Applicant understands the intent of the program and agree's to adhere to the established program guidelines.
Training is required for both the Applicant and the Delegate .The training sessions focus on the allowable use of each account type, security and safety of the accounts, spending limitations, documentation of purchases and compliance with WSU and State of Kansas Purchasing, Accounting and Travel policies and procedures. For any questions please contact the BPC Administrator.
1. In person - Training sessions are performed in a classroom style setting with Q&A at the end of each session. To sign up: go to the "myWSU" training portal. Search for the "WSU Visa Business Procurement Card (BPC) Training". All available sessions will populate. Select the training session that best fits your schedule.
2. Online Video's
Coming soon! Stay tuned!
Additional BPC Program References
New Manual Coming Soon!
- Procurement Card Handbook
iTravel Card Handbook
"Suggested Best Practices" for Using BPC Card on the Internet - written by the State of Kansas P-Card Administrator
Related BPC Forms
BPC Account Change Request Form - when requesting a change be processed to an account
UMB Bank Contact Information
UMB Bank Contact Information - to report a lost or stolen card and/or follow-up on a call from the bank's fraud department
UMB Website (to register your account) - to access your account details, posted transactions, etc...
Accounts Payable and Travel Office
The WSU Accounts Payable and Travel office are responsible for reviewing and reconciling all BPC transactions. Any questions related to submission of supporting documentation, verifying account codes, submission processing questions or specific questions related to Travel. You can contact them directly at 316-978-3070 or by email at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Documentation and Submission Process
Accountholders are only allowed to pay for 1 vehicle rental, the one they are driving, and must be listed as the primary driver on the rental agreement. Additional drivers can be added at the counter at the time of the pick-up and they must be a current WSU employee. Paying for another WSU employee’s vehicle rental is not allowe
Methods of Booking a Vehicle Rental
When reserving a vehicle with a State issued BPC, you will need to refer to the designated discount number for State of Kansas contracted rates.
- Contact Sunflower Travel 1-316-733-2753 or send email to email@example.com
- Call Reservations Hotline
- Enterprise – 1-800-264-6350
- Use discount # - XZ51WSU - use when renting a Car, Minivan or SUV
- Use discount # - XZ51WSC - use when renting a Truck, Cargo or 15 Passenger Van
- Hertz - 1-888-704-4473
- Use discount # - 1978737 regardless of which type of vehicle you are renting
- Online access at hertz.com or www.enterprise.com
- Walk-In to your nearest local Hertz or Enterprise location
- Enterprise has provided a “summary sheet” with all information and an embedded link you can click on to make a reservation. Please refer to the Purchasing or Travel website to locate the link.
If you encounter a problem with the WSU Purchasing website, we want to know about it. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Using this email makes sure that everybody on our team is aware of the problem and ensures that the correct personnel are able to deal with the problem in a timely manner.