Wichita State University has adopted standard interior signage for most of its buildings. These signs are designed to
- Bring uniformity to interior signs across campus
- Make changing the signs flexible for departments
- Meet basic ADA requirements
The sign holders are constructed to accept a paper insert that any department can create using Microsoft Word and a laser printer. Templates may be downloaded that allow you to create a sign for a person’s office or for a common space, like a conference room or computer lab. When using the templates, please follow these basic rules:
- For personal offices, you may include the individual’s name (always in CAPS) and title (in upper/lower case).
- For common spaces, like conference rooms and labs, use the name of the space (always in CAPS).
- Do not change the prescribed fonts, colors, type sizes or basic layout for inserts.
- When information does not need to be added to a sign, use a blank insert for a finished look.
You may download Microsoft Word documents (.doc) to use as templates using the links below. The templates are set up to print two per page with a trim line indicated for the center cut.
For best results, print on a black-and-white laserjet printer. Trim using a paper cutter.
Directions for downloading files
PC -- Right click on the link and select "save target as" (or "save image as" in Firefox).
WSU Main Campus buildings
|A -- Personal offices||B -- Common spaces||C -- Blank insert|
WSU Old Town buildings
|A -- Primary Room||C -- Cubicle Signs|
All questions should be directed to Facilities Planning at 978-3030.