Seasonal Flu Shot Information
Low cost flu shots available to students!
Beat the Flu! Starting October 1st flu shots will be available to all enrolled WSU students through Student Health. Cost for a flu shot is $20.00.
Have health insurance? Flu shots are a covered benefit (meaning paid for) under the UHCSR insurance plan.
Student Health is now a contracted provider for BCBS of KS. If you have BCBS health insurance, we can file a claim for your flu shot and your BCBS insurance may cover the cost, depending on your plan coverage.
To receive a Flu shot you do not need an appointment. You can stop by our office at any time during regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm or watch us on Facebook @wsu.shs or Twitter @myshockerhealth to find out where we will be set up around campus.
Can't make it to Student Health to get a flu shot? Find flu vaccines in your community, enter your zip code on the CDC’s Flu Vaccine Finder.
Have a question?
Send a secure message to a health care provider through the myShockerHealth portal or call us at 316-978-4792.
Helpful flu information
- Flu Fact Sheet - Sedgwick County Health Department (PDF)
- Cold vs. Flu: How to Tell the Difference (PDF)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Flu Website
- Flu Prevention - Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Slow the Spread of Flu Factsheet (PDF) - Centers for Disease Control (CDC)