Current health information and travel advisories put out by the CDC.
- Coronavirus: What you need to know about Coronavirus from the CDC.
- CDC information Up to date information put out about the Coronavirus by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- CDC travel information CDC travel notices in response to the Coronavirus.
- KDHE information Up to date information and FAQs by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE).
- KDHE informational letter KDHE letter with information directed to Academic institutions.
- CDC travel notices: Check this site to get the most current travel notices.
- Measles Current information on measles outbreaks and information on this contagious disease.
- M-pox Information regarding monkeypox symptoms, how it spreads, prevention and treatment. Status of M-pox in Kansas
- Ebola Current information on travel advisories and other pertinent information to know.
- Food recall See current food recalls from the FDA and if you are effected.
Severe Pulmonary Disease Associated with Using E-Cigarette Products The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is providing a multitude of information on this developing health alert.
WSU students are traveling the world for many reasons such as study abroad, classroom activities, or mission trips. Be prepared for your trip by seeking travel health care and information from your physician or Student Health Services.
You can make a travel health appointment with SHS on our patient portal, or by calling (316) 978-4SWC (4792). The cost can range based on availability and insurance coverage and could include additional cost with medications or vaccinations that you may receive as part of your travel health plan.
Your destination, length of stay, itinerary, and previous medical history are important factors to consider when seeking travel health advice. This site allows you to find where you are going and what vaccinations and travel health tips are specific to your destination: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/
Travel notices are designed to inform travelers and clinicians about current health issues related to specific destinations. These issues may arise from disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, natural disasters, or other conditions that may affect travelers’ health. After your travel health appointment and before you leave, check this site to get the most current travel notices: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices