Photo credit: Cultural Ambassador Program
Diversity Lunch with Provost Vizzini
All faculty and instructors are invited to discuss the state of diversity in the WSU curriculum with Provost Vizzini at a lunch on Friday, February 17 from 11:30 to 1:00. The Provost would like to hear your ideas on such questions as: of the diversity-related gaps that exist in our current course offerings, which ones seem most critical to fill? What opportunities to augment diversity in our curriculum can we pursue in the future? The lunch will be held in RSC 233 (Santa Fe Trail Room). Please RSVP to email@example.com by February 14. And please share this invitation with other faculty whom you feel would be interested in attending.
Tilford Commission on Diversity Fellowship Colloquium
The annual Tilford Colloquium will take place in Spring 2016.
The following Tilford Fellows gave presentations on the courses they revised or introduced with the Fellowship in 2015:
- Mara Alagic, Curriculum and Instruction, College of Education, revision of “Mathematical Investigations”
- Bechtold, Rebeccah, English, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, introduction of “Race Relations in Early America”
- Bruce, Travis, History, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, introduction of “Muslims, Christians, and Jews in the Middle Ages”
- Hernandez, Peggy, Nursing, College of Health Professions, revision of “Mental Health Nursing Care”
- Douglas Crews, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Introduction of Issues and Perspectives with the LGBTQ Community.
We will also announce the Fellows for the 2015-2016 year. Lunch will be served.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.