COVID 19 Safety Plan
Campus Recreation COVID 19 Safety Plan PHASE TWO beginning 6-8-2020
Campus Recreation is dedicated to the health and safety of our entire community.
We have put the following procedures into place to keep everyone safe:
We are taking careful actions to facilitate social distancing in each area of the facility. Look for extra signs to guide you through each space and help us all practice social distancing.
Department of Wellness staff members will not handle patron membership cards or credit cards. No cash accepted (RSC cashless) Staff will wipe down credit card machine after every use. Members will be asked to swipe their own access cards. Card reader machines will be placed to allow for social distancing to be maintained (floor will be taped off to maintain six-foot distance). Card readers and countertops will be wiped down and sanitized by the Customer Service front desk every 30 min. Plexiglas barrier will be wiped down every hour.
Capacity Limitations: each area reduced to allow 150 sq. ft. per person with 6 feet in any direction open. This policy will reduce the original total facility capacity by greater than 50%. Signage will be located in each area indicating the maximum capacity due to social distancing of that area. Staff will monitor the area to enforce social distancing and may prohibit entry into an area if max capacity has been reached. Facility counts every 30 minutes – adjust capacity of each room to adhere to guidelines.
- Room 141 – 30 people max
- Room 143 – 30 people max
- Room 145 – 30 people max
- Room 146 Esports Hub – 15 people max
- Performance Suite – 30 people max
- Wiedemann Natatorium – OPEN
- Locker Rooms – 30 people max
- Saunas – 2 people max
- Gymnasium – 30 people per court
- Lobby – open for single seating 6 feet apart only
- Shocker Fit Classes- 9 people (+ instructor) max
Hand sanitization wipes and solution containing no less than 60% alcohol will also be available in the Guest Service area and around the building. Patrons will wear face coverings while they are on the premises. In addition to use of masks, plexiglass barriers will be placed at all customer service and cashier stations.
Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces including door panels, knobs, railings, countertops, benches, water fountains and handles throughout the facility. Every piece of equipment will be disinfected during this time. Employees shall wear disposable gloves when cleaning machines, washing towels, equipment, or other surfaces in the facility.
- Patrons are encouraged to provide their own equipment such as racquets, mats, and balls, however equipment will be available for checkout.
- Upon return all equipment will be sanitized before it is stored in its proper place.
- Patrons will swipe their own cards to checkout equipment and towels
- Staff will clean counter and card reader after each use and will wear gloves while cleaning.
- Staff will perform regular laundry duties and will sanitize the counter and their hands before folding towels.
In the Performance Suite, participants encouraged to wipe down their own equipment immediately after completion of exercise. Disinfectant wipes will be used and available to all patrons in this space.
Every other computer is available. Please bring your own headset, keyboard or mouse if you have it. These items can be checked out at the front desk if needed. Please wipe desk, keyboards and mouse before AND after use. Hand sanitizer available.