Policy and Procedures
Participation in Campus Recreation programs and activities is a privilege. Failure to adhere with Wichita State University Code of Conduct or to comply with policies and/or Campus Recreation staff responsible for enforcing such policies may result in immediate removal from activities and facilities and a loss of Campus Recreation privileges. If removal from facilities is deemed necessary due to failure to comply with Wichita State or Campus Recreation policy or procedure, disciplinary action will be administered by the University Code of Conduct and Community Standards Board.
Play Like a Champion / Behave like a Champion
- All individuals must present a valid Shocker Card to obtain access to the facility.
- Participants are expected to act responsibly and to respect the rights of others. Foul language is unacceptable in our facility.
- Participants are expected to comply with rules for proper facility use and with verbal directions of Campus Recreation staff.
- All members must comply with Campus Recreation emergency procedures (e.g. fire alarm, tornadoes warning, power outage, etc.).
- Shirts must be worn at all time on the 1st floor.
- Personal belongings should be secured in lockers or in designated areas. Personal belongings are not permitted on the floor in the activity areas.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Revision Date: March 25, 2016
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran. Retaliation against an individual filing or cooperating in a complaint process is also prohibited. Sexual misconduct, relationship violence and stalking are forms of sex discrimination and are prohibited under Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972. Complaints or concerns related to alleged discrimination may be directed to the Director of Equal Opportunity or the Title IX Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1845 Fairmount, Wichita KS 67260-0138; telephone (316) 978-3187. Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.