Net Preference Hours
Wichita State University students, Campus Recreation members, and guests can use the main gymnasium for informal recreational sports activities.
Activities Permitted in the gym
Activities NOT permitted in the gym
Monday - Friday
7 a.m.–6 p.m. / Open track
- During the collegiate track and field season (October – April) the track will be closed from 1-5 p.m.
6–8 p.m. / Limited use of the track
- Basketball and volleyball games have preference over other sports in this area of the gym during this time.
- Anyone using the track must not interfere with activities happening on courts A&E (walkers/runners must not walk/run through the playing area).
Saturday & Sunday
1–5:45 p.m. / Open track
Intramural League sports have preference on gym courts. Any available court will be used for basketball and badminton depending on availability.
Monday-Friday (1–5 p.m.)
- Court. A: volleyball (after 6 p.m., MTTHF) and basketball (after 6:00pm, TH)
- Court. B: badminton
- Court. C: futsal (MW), basketball (TF), and volleyball (TH)
- Court. D: full court basketball
- Court. E: basketball (after 6 p.m.)
Volleyball and futsal courts will be set up if participants are present and ready to play. Badminton, volleyball, and futsal can also be set up during non-peak hours if court space is available. During court preference hours, participants playing different sports will be asked by staff to move from designated courts. Basketball has preference on court C if futsal and volleyball participants are not present for their designated day.