Any of these presentations can be modified to meet time requirements, address specific concerns of a group or to meet a specific educational outcome.
If there is a topic you are interested in that is not covered on this list, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to work with you to create a program to fit your needs. Contact person is Heather Stafford, associate director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316-978-3620.
Student Health Educational Presentations
- Serving Smart, Healthy Shockers: Presentation discusses the services available at Student Health along with tips for staying well while in college.
- Healthy Behaviors for College Students: Presentation includes discussion on what being healthy means, how health can impact academic performance, healthy behaviors including dietary choices, sleep, exercise, smoking and use of energy drinks.
- HIV and AIDS Awareness: Presentation helps define HIV and AIDS including information on etiology, risk factors, transmission, symptoms, disease progression, testing and prevention.
- I’m Hurt! Now what do I do? Presentation covers basic self-care for common injuries such as sprain/strains, bruises, cuts, scrapes and minor burns. Each common injury area is defined with symptoms, when to see a doctor, how to care for the injury at home.
I’m Sick! Now what do I do?
Presentation covers basic self-care for common illness such as sore throat, headaches, fever, cough, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea, colds and seasonal allergies. Each illness area has information on home care including what type of over the counter medications would be helpful and when to call the doctor.
The following presentations about nutrition are available through Student Health.
- Athletes Eating on a Budget: Discusses health food choices at the grocery stores, shopping on a budget, online tools and an activity of creating a shopping list for health meals.
- Healthy Eating 101: Tips for making health food choices
- Nutrition Basics for Wellness: Helpful hints for grocery shopping, reading nutrition labels, tips for success on health eating and resources for online information and support
- Nutrition Bingo: Interactive bingo game focused on learning about healthy food choices
Insurance / Travel
- Health Insurance Simplified: Presentation covers information on health insurance including defining terminology used in health insurance, sources for health care on and off campus, and tips on how insurance works.
- Travel Health: Presentation discusses health related concerns for travelers especially those traveling overseas.
- What’s “Bug”ing you? Presentation on common diseases caused by insect bites.
- Who’s in My Bed? Interactive presentation to help students understand the complications sexual activity may bring to their lives and the consequences of these actions.
- Stress Bingo: Interactive presentation to educate students on stress management while playing a fun game of bingo.
- Sleep Hygiene: Presentation focuses on sleep habits, helps students become aware of their sleeping habits and how sleep in a calm environment.
- Take Care Down There: Presentation on sexual health. Participants will learn about sexual health, protecting themselves from sexually transmitted diseases, and contraception options.
Who Moved My Cheese? Dealing with Change in Your Work and Life:
Presentation based on the book “Who Moved My Cheese?” discusses how a person views and adapts to change in their life.