Policies and Insurance
Find a list of Student Health Services policies below. Please call 316-978-3620 with any questions, or visit 209 Ahlberg Hall.
To make an appointment call (316) 978-3620 or log-in to myShockerHealth secure student portal portal at studenthealth.wichita.edu. Immunizations and Tuberculosis screenings do not require an appointment.
Fall / Spring
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Prescription Refill Policies
- Fridays and the day before a holiday, prescription refills will be filled up until 12 p.m.
- Prescription refill requests submitted after 6 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 4 p.m. on Friday will not be filled until the next business day. During Summer, requests submitted after 4 p.m. will not be filled till the next business day.
- During Fall and Spring semester prescriptions may be picked up until 6:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and until 4:30 p.m. on Fridays. During Summer session until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- We do not accept prescriptions written by outside physicians.
- If you need to refill a prescription or have any other questions regarding prescription refills, please call our office at 316-978-3620 or submit a question through myShockerHealth.
All enrolled WSU students who have paid student fees are eligibile to receive full services offered by Student Health Services. Limited services are available for faculty and staff because our office is partially funded by student fees.
- The office visit charge is $10 for illness, minor injuries or follow-up visits, etc.
- Physical exams start at $38.
- There are additional charges for lab work, medications or office procedures, if needed.
Please contact Student Health at 316-978-3620 for questions on charges for the type of visit you need.
Health insurance is not required to be seen at Student Health. Please see the health insurance section below for more information.
There is a $10 charge for patients who do not show up for their appointment, are 10 minutes late for their appointment or who do not cancel their appointment at least 30 minutes prior to their appointment with a nurse practitioner. There is a $25 charge for no-show / late fee for a physician appointment.
All medical records are strictly confidential. Students must provide written authorization for us to release their records to other physicians or health care providers.
Download and fill out a release of records form , and mail to:
Student Health Services
1845 Fairmount, Box 92
Wichita, KS 67260
Or fax them to 316-978-3517
Health insurance is not required to be seen at Student Health Services. However, we do encourage all students to carry accident and hospitalization insurance.
If you have health insurance coverage through UHCSR, the insurance plan available to WSU students, we can submit a claim for you.Students with other health insurance plans will need to pay for services at the time of the visit. You can request a billing statement from us that can be used to file a claim with your insurance company. Student Health would be considered an out of network provider. Please contact your health insurance provider with questions regarding covered services. When using off-campus health providers and facilities, students should know if there is a preferred provider specified by their insurance policy.
United Healthcare Student Resources (UHCSR) has policies available for WSU students. Information is available at our office. Students should know what kind of insurance coverage they have and how to file a claim, and should carry a copy of their health insurance card with them at all times.