Sponsored By: Office of Diversity and Inclusion
Open to all eligible students, the Black Excellence (BE) Living Learning Community (LLC) is a student community focused on the Black student experience. The community was developed to support, connect, and foster pride in participants via opportunities to inspire, connect, and explore the Black experience. To do this the community will be provided with resources that uplift Black cultures, traditions, and identities to support academic, personal, and social excellence.
Participants will gain the tools to BE academically successful, BE leaders in organizations, BE confident, BE comfortable, and BE an engaged member of the Wichita State community.
Students will enjoy programming and opportunities, on campus and in the greater Wichita community, focused on the Black experience locally and nationally. BE community members will be provided with campus resources, professional development, and academic support, including connections to Black faculty, staff and alumni.
All enrolled, first-year, WSU students with a WSU Housing contract are eligible. All members of the LLC are expected to be active participants in the community and Office of Diversity and Inclusion events.
• Students will know and engage with academic support resources in a firm academic foundation.
• Students who participate in BE will demonstrate an understanding of intersectionality in their own identity and culture and others identitie and cultures.
• Students will develop respectful, collaborative, community relationships amongst BE participants, Black faculty, staff, alumni, and community partners.
• BE participants will recognize their role in contributing and engaging in positive social community change.
• Academic support
• Soical & networking opportunities
• Black History & Civil Rights Outings
• Leadership opportunities on campus and off campus
• Community outreach & community service
• Black on campus and community organizational partnerships
For More Information:
Black Excellence LLC Coordinator: Alexus Scott, (316) 978-3034, email@example.com
Housing Coordinator: Chris Wiebe, (316) 978-7749, firstname.lastname@example.org