Flats MoveIn

Moving In: Spring 2019 Information

We hope you are excited about moving into your new campus home!

The move-in date for new residents is Friday, January 18th beginning at 8am. If a student needs to move in before this date, please contact our office at by email (housing.wsu@wichita.edu) to inform us of your date of arrival. There are early arrival fees associated with moving in before January 18th.

Building Check-In Location Desk Hours Phone
The Flats

The Flats Reception Desk
4105 East Mike Oatman Drive
Wichita, KS 67208

8am - 10pm 316-978-3320
Shocker Hall

Shocker Hall Reception Desk
2020 N. Perimeter Roadd
Wichita, KS 67208

7am - 12am


Move In

What to Bring

Please check out our list of items to bring with you! (Note: You don't have to bring all of these items)

What's Provided?

Each student will be provided with an extra-long twin-size bed (80 inches), dresser, desk, and chair. University furniture may not be removed from the rooms and students are not permitted to bring any stuffed furniture (futon, bowl chair, etc.). No storage is provided in the residence halls. While you cannot paint your room, you are encouraged to personalize your space. Please remember to use blue (painters) tape and know that you will be responsible for any damage caused to the walls. All residence halls are equipped with laundry facilities and vending machines. You are encouraged to obtain renters insurance coverage for your personal property as Wichita State University accepts no responsibility for any lost or damaged items.

Roommates & Suitemates

If you are being placed with a roommate that is new to you, we would encourage you to contact them and introduce yourself! Your assignment email should contain roommate contact information. Prior to moving in with a roommate, we recommend reading some helpful hints to make living together easier.

Meal Plans

For regular dining hours, please click here. If you would like to change your meal plan, you can fill out the Meal Change Request form here.


All Shocker Hall residents must purchase a green student parking E-permit. Flats residents have the option to purchase a green E-permit and/or a permit for the Flats underground parking garage. Please visit wichita.edu/parking for full parking details.

Getting a Shocker Card

Your Shocker Card will be used to access your building and your meal plan. The Shocker Card Center is located in the Rhatigan Student Center (RSC) in Room 105. For more information, please contact the Shocker Card Center at (316)978-2273 or shocker.card@wichita.edu

Renters Insurance

HRL encourages students to consider purchasing renters insurance. Students can learn more about the most researched companies and find one that best fits their needs by visiting this free resource.


Have Questions? Please Contact Us!

Housing and Residence Life
1845 Fairmount Box 141
Wichita, KS 67260-0141
316-978-3693 Email