Upcoming Election Events
We are excited to host multiple events for you to meet your candidates! Click on the registration link below to register for the Senator Meet and Greet on Friday March 26th at 7PM. The SGA President and Vice President Town Hall will be hosted live on our Youtube on April 1 at 6:00PM.
Make Your Mark In History
The 2021 Student Government Association General Elections are happening now! In the 64th session, the Association will be celebrating 110 years of student governance at Wichita State University.
At the Wichita State University Student Government Association we see our motto as our personal commitment to the university community. It is at the core of everything we do. In fact, SGA empowers students to voice their opinions and concerns directly to their representatives, who sit at various tables representing and advocating for their needs. SGA is governed by students and committed to student issues and concerns.
The Student Government Association is a great opportunity to give back to campus and allow your leadership skills to shine. The Wichita State University Student Body needs dedicated and passionate students who are ready to work hard and improve the student experience, life and spirit on our campus. Your desire to serve your student body is greatly celebrated.
Information included on this page is vital to running for a Student Government Association (SGA) elected office. Please read pages carefully as you will be held responsible for information contained within. Remember that as a candidate, you are responsible for the actions of anyone campaigning on your behalf.
Make sure that all of your campaign staff and volunteers are familiar with the information included on this web page. If you have any questions regarding this information, seek clarification before campaigning begins. During the entire elections process, the Elections Commission will be your source of clarification for questions, issues, etc.
If there are any questions during the elections process, please feel free to contact email@example.com
How to Run for An Office
The Student Government Association consists of three branches of government: Executive, Legislative and Judicial.
Executive Branch (must run as a ticket)
- Student Body President
- Student Body Vice President
Legislative Branch (runs independently)
- College of Applied Studies Senators: 4 positions
- College of Engineering: 4 positions
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Senators: 7 positions
- College of Fine Arts Senators: 2 positions
- College of Health Professions Senators: 3 positions
- College of Business Senators: 4 positions
- Honors College Senators: 2 positions
- Graduate School Senators: 3 positions
- Out-of-State Senators: 2 positions
- At-Large Senators: 17 positions
- Veterans Senator: 1 position
- International Senator: 2 positions
- Returning Adults Senators: 3 positions
- Underserved Senators: 8 positions