As of February 25th, 2019, we are no longer offering Organization Funding for Spring 2019. There is no more funding left in our Student Funding Account. However, for organizations, SGA offers Auxiliary Funding. More information can be found on SGA’s ShockerSync page, and on the SGA Auxiliary Fund form. For questions please contact the SGA Treasurer, Stella Yang at or call her at (316) 978-7062.

Auxiliary Funding Request

As the governing body of all recognized university organizations, SGA is responsible for reviewing funding applications submitted by organizations for their various activities conducted throughout the year. Organizations may request SGA funding for a variety of purposes ranging from hosting speakers on campus to traveling to national conferences.

Please keep in mind that SGA receives a high volume of funding requests. Once an organization funding request has been submitted to SGA and reviewed by the SGA Treasurer, the applicant must meet with the Budget and Finance Committee to discuss the merits of the request. These meetings are held on Wednesdays at 5:30 p.m.

Applications are either approved and recommended to Senate for final approval or denial, or denied by a consensus of the committee members. The organization funding process is outlined in the S027, the Association’s Funding Act. Below is a link for reference.

The earliest that organizations will be notified that their funding request has been approved or denied will be during the full senate meeting after Student Involvement's Nuts and Bolts Conference on Friday, September 21, 2018. Registration opened Wednesday, May 2, 2018.

Association Funding Regulations Reference Section 2

General Information:

**Request must be completed and submitted in ShockerSync 45 days prior to the event**

The Organization funding application can be found in ShockerSync:

  1. Go to and login.
  2. Once you login, scroll down and in the bottom right hand corner click “Campus Links.” Click “Campus Budgeting System.”
  3. Click My Budget Requests >> Create Request >> For Organizations >> Fall 2018 Organization Funding

Funding allocation limits are determined by the organization’s status. A Registered Student Organization (RSO) that has been active for at least two years and meets the policies required by SGA and the Student Involvement Office is eligible for $2,000 in SGA allocations per fiscal year. A Provisional Organization is defined as an organization in its first year of activity or one that is renewing its existence after a period of inactivity. Provisional Organizations are eligible for $700 in SGA allocations per fiscal year.

Organization Funding Process:

The process for requesting organization funding is through ShockerSync. Requesting organization funding is only accessible to the portal ADMINISTRATOR(S). It is the responsibility of organizations to designate which members are authorized to request SGA funding. SGA understands that this new method may cause confusion, but we believe that it will simplify the process for funding applicants and SGA reviewers. The different funding categories and corresponding funding limits are viewable from the funding module and are also outlined in S027. Below is a link that will explain how to navigate the ShockerSync funding module.

ShockerSync Funding Module Guide

If traveling, the organization must submit a University Sanctioned Travel Form that includes all members traveling with the organization. Please submit the completed form along with the other supporting documents on the ShockerSync funding request. The USTF is for the purpose of maintaining the travelers' emergency contact information while representing the university. The form says it must be submitted to the Vice President of Campus Life and University Relations.

University Sanctioned Travel Form


Funding is in the form of reimbursement to the organization for clearly stated expenses approved by SGA. In order to receive SGA funding, organizations must have a Safekeeping account with the Financial Operations Office on campus. If an organization is uncertain of whether they have a Safekeeping account, please contact the SGA Treasurer.

A Safekeeping check request form can be submitted by an organization to withdraw money from its service fund account. When submitting receipts for approved expenditures, the organization can also submit a check request for the individual that made the expenses. That would allow for the reimbursed funds to go to the designated member. This can be done for multiple members at a time. Individuals receiving reimbursement must complete a W-9 for domestic students or W-8BEN for international students.

Each student must now go to their myWSU portal under My Finances, Self Service, Direct Deposit, and fill in their banking information. If the applicant is approved for funding.

For faculty and staff it's located in your myWSU portal under the Faculty & Staff tab, Employee Self Service, Direct Deposit. If the applicant is approved for funding.

Safekeeping Fund Transfer Form (Organization Travel Reimbursement)

Safekeeping Check Request (Individual of Organization Reimbursement)

W-9 (Individual domestic student reimbursement)

W-8BEN (Individual international student reimbursement)

The SGA Treasurer may be contacted with questions about the funding process at and 316-978-7062.