What to do if you are in an abusive relationship
10 things to do if you are in an abusive relationship
1. When violence occurs, if you are threatened or afraid, call 911.
2. Take your children and go to a safe place.
3. Go to the Emergency Room if injured.
4. Call DVACK 24 hours a day at 785-827-5862 or 1-800-874-1499.
5. If leaving home, take important documents: birth certificates, bank information, car & insurance documents; social security cards; picture I.D.
6. Try to set aside extra cash in a safe place.
7. Hide an extra set of car and house keys outside, or at a neighbor's house.
8. Pack a set of clothes and shoes for you or your children and store with a friend, neighbor or church.
9. Obtain a Protection From Abuse order.
10. Know that you are not alone and confidential help is available.