OAT Zero Cost Designation Request OAT Low Cost Designation Request
Instructors interested in having their course designated as an Open/Alternative Textbook Zero cost course (OAT-Z) or Open/Alternative Textbook Low cost course (OAT-L) must submit the course designation form above to be approved by the OAT review committee.
Please keep the following in mind:
- The designation can be applied to one or multiple sections of the same course.
- An OAT-Zero cost course must have no additional course material costs and may include
any of the following:
- An existing open access textbook (see Resources link below)
- Library resources (this includes e-textbooks that students can access through the library)
- High quality Open Educational Resources (OER) - workbooks, lab manuals, exercises, etc.
- Multimedia resources (e.g., audio, video, TedTalks, YouTube videos, Wikimedia Commons)
- Faculty-authored materials (e.g., websites, PDFs, educational presentation slides, lecture videos)
- An OAT-Low cost course may include any of the above materials and as well as additional materials that cost no more than $50 total.