At Wichita State, transfer students have all of the pieces they need to build the futures they want. By transferring to WSU, you'll have access to transfer-student scholarships, a support network to help you succeed in the classroom and beyond, Kansas' most-diverse college campus, applied learning for every major and learning options for busy schedules.

Transfer Gateway: A New Transfer Estimator

Transfer Gateway

We want to give you credit for the work you've done at your previous institution. Our new Transfer Gateway will let you estimate how many of those credits will transfer to your desired degree program at Wichita State.

Chad Steinkamp transfer specialist
WSU has transfer professionals ready to answer any question you may have.
Clash of the Colleges event
From 350+ annual on-campus events to hundreds of student clubs and organizations, getting involved at Wichita State is easy and fun.
Shocker Hall east entrance courtyard
Campus living puts you in the middle of all the action. Both Shocker Hall and The Flats offer modern, clean and comfortable living—and quick access to everything campus offers.
Airbus intern
Gain practical experience, a professional network, college credit and even a paycheck, all while working on your degree.

Transferring credit / non-credit classes

If you're transferring credits with non-standard grades, Wichita State accepts those credits and gives applicable equivalencies, even if the transfer course was graded with credit or pass. Please note, some courses may require a minimum grade to meet degree requirements, and a credit or pass grade may not meet that minimum. To learn more, discuss with your academic advisor.

More admissions information

Transfer admission requirements

If you are a transfer student with 24 credit hours or more, you must:
Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) on all previous college work.

If you are a transfer student under age 21, with fewer than 24 credit hours, you must:
1. Have a minimum 2.00 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) on all previous college work.
2. Meet the freshman requirements.

Freshman Requirements

If you are a freshman Kansas resident (under 21 years of age) graduating in 2015 or later, you must:
1. Achieve an ACT composite score of 21 or above OR a minimum combined SAT-I score of 1080, OR
2. Rank in the top one-third of your high schools' graduating class, AND
3. Complete the Kansas Qualified Admissions Pre-College Curriculum with at least a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale. Out-of-state residents must earn a 2.50 or higher GPA on a 4.00 scale.

If you graduated from a non-accredited high school or were homeschooled, you must:
Complete coursework equivalent to the Kansas Qualified Admissions Pre-College Curriculum with a 2.00 GPA and by achieving an ACT score of 21 or above or a combined SAT score of at least 1080. If you enroll in college courses while in high school, you must achieve a 2.00 GPA or higher in those courses.

If you obtained your GED, you must:
For GED tests from 2002-2013: Have a minimum score of 510 on each sub test and an overall score of 2550 to be admitted.

For GED tests from 2014 and on: Have a minimum score of 150 on each sub test and an overall score of 680 to be admitted.

 Admission requirements

Course transfer

Course transfer graphic

There is a growing list of courses approved by the Kansas Board of Regents for guaranteed transfer among all Kansas public postsecondary institutions. From College Algebra and English Composition I & II, to Public Speaking and Art History I & II, a student who completes a course listed as a guaranteed transfer course at any Kansas public community college, technical college, or university can be certain that he or she can transfer that course to any other Kansas public institution in pursuit of a degree or credential.

» Visit the Kansas Board of Regents' transfer articulation page for more information

Reverse transfer

Reverse course transfer

Students who transfer to a Kansas public university from a Kansas public community college or technical college (or vice versa) are eligible for Reverse Transfer, which allows for the attainment of any associate degree for which one is eligible along the way to additional certificates and degrees. Within a student's first semester, those who transfer coursework from a public university, community college or technical college will be notified if they are eligible to be considered for reverse transfer degree status, and which courses are needed to finish the related degree. Students who then complete the coursework for a given associate degree will be eligible to receive that degree, administered automatically by correspondence between the new institution and the university, community college or technical college the student last attended.

» Visit the Kansas Board of Regents' reverse transfer page for more information

Articulation agreements

See a listing of articulation agreements Wichita State University has with other colleges.

Frequently asked questions

Don't see what you’re looking for? Browse our list of frequently asked questions for more information on the admissions process, steps for admitted students, counselor and advisor information, Shocker Family programs and more.

Frequently asked questions

Not a transfer student? 

Select your status below to get admissions information tailored for you.