The Wichita State University Policies and Procedures Manual was adopted to bring WSU policies and procedures together in one manual, and was initially compiled from the following sources:
- Wichita State University Faculty Handbook (Academic Year 1994-1995 Revision)
- Wichita State University Policies and Procedures Manual published by the Division of Administration and Finance in 1994
- Unclassified Professional Personnel Policy and Procedures
- Handbook for Classified Staff
- Student Employment Policy and Procedures
- Other formally approved policies and procedures not included in the documents listed above
The manual was first adopted July 1, 1997, and reaffirmed July 1, 2014. Policy manual sections lacking an effective date were in effect previous to when the manual was first adopted. Additions or revisions to the manual must be proposed by an Initiating Authority and approved by the President as outlined in the Policies and Procedures Manual - Policy.
The manual is the official compendium for all university policies and is regulated by the General Counsel's office.