Revised: September 1, 2021 | Effective: July 1, 2017
Office of the General Counsel
Summary of Policy or Policy Change:
This policy revision is substantively the same as our current policy, except for the
changes made to ensure (1) compliance with the changes to state law and (2) KBOR policy.
A highlight of the non-substantive changes include:
- Added initiating authority to the policy (which we will be recommending at the next
revision be the University Police Department)
- Combined the "Purpose" and "Preamble" sections
- Ensured all defined terms were capitalized
- Added Section III.E. to incorporate Board policy into our policy section.
- Reorganized definitions to ensure that they were alphabetical order by defined term
- Relocated the definition of "Board" from the body of the policy to the section of
- Added a defined term for "University Premises" to bring clarity to policy (consistent
with enforcement practices) and replace multiple terms used in the policy including,
"campus" and "property"
- Added paragraph headings to assist readers in locating relevant policy provisions.
- Relocated and provided heading for policy provisions that are shown with double underline
/ double strikethrough.
- Added "Applicable Laws and Additional Resources" references - this is consistent with
revised WSU policy format.
Reason Or Need For Policy:
To ensure compliance with changes in state law and KBOR policy and to update policy
format and organization to align with University policy form.
Applicable Laws or Authority (if any):
See reference in policy.
Other relevant WSU policies:
The following University Stakeholders were included:
Office of the General Counsel - Stacia Boden