Revised: February 2, 2021 | Effective: July 1, 1997
Environmental, Health and Safety and the Fire Safety Office
Summary of Policy or Policy Change:
This policy is being revised to ensure consistency with requirements for fireworks
and pyrotechnic use on campus in accordance with applicable City of Wichita ordinances
and State Fire Marshal regulations.
Reason Or Need For Policy:
This policy was revised to coincide with City of Wichita Ordinance Sec. 15.01.650—Chapter
56, Section 5601.1.3 and Section 5601.2 and K.A.R. 22-6-1 et seq. and to establish
a procedure to coordinate with the University Fire Safety Office for firework or pyrotechnic
displays on campus.
Applicable Laws, Authority or WSU Policy (if any):
- K.S.A. 31-170; K.S.A. 31-501 et. seq.
- K.A.R. 22-6-1 et seq.
- Wichita Ordinance Sec. 15.01.650—Chapter 56, Section 5601.1.3 & Section 5601.2
The following University Stakeholders were included:
- Mike Strickland, Director, Environmental, Health and Safety
- Scott Murray, Fire and Safety Coordinator
- Dennis Moore, Fire and Safety Coordinator
- Stacia Boden, General Counsel
- Kelly Herzik, Associate General Counsel