France - 2023 Summer Program
Make studying abroad a reality this summer by participating in the Global Entrepreneurship Experience in France. Open to all WSU undergraduate students, it is coordinated by the W. Frank Barton School of Business and ESC Pau Business School.
Why should students participate in this program? Or perhaps a better question is, why not?
"The memories I have created, the friendships formed, and the knowledge I have gained will stick with me for the rest of my life. I now have connections and new opportunities across the world I never could have imagined. Not only was the Pau Global Entrepreneurship the highlight of my college career; it was a great way of tackling real world problems through international business consultation, the benefits the program had to offer was impossible to achieve in any kind of formal and educational setting."
- Kevin Dao, Summer 2022 program
"Study abroad will benefit me in the future both personally and professionally. As of now, it has helped me create a global resume and be more marketable for jobs. I now feel more independent and confident about traveling and being away from my family. Aside from that, I created so many memories and friendships."
- Ivette Martinez-Jimenez, Summer 2022
- Program will be held in Pau.
- Spend 6 weeks in France — June 12, 2023 to July 21, 2023.
- All classes are taught in English by faculty from WSU and ESC Pau Business School.
- Attend classes with French students.
- Participate in excursions throughout southern France, such as Bordeaux, Pyrenees Mountains, and Tour de France.
- Accommodations are single occupancy dorm rooms with private bathroom in Pau.
How to Apply and Requirements
Complete the Barton School of Business general study abroad application. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM IS JANUARY 5, 2023. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 and should have junior standing prior to summer 2023. (if students are interested in the program, however do not meet the GPA requirement or if they will not have junior standing—60 credit hours completed, then please contact email@example.com as an exception may be allowed.)
All students must have a valid passport. Passports can take 4 to 8 weeks to process, so apply now if you do not have one. Students who are U.S. citizens will not need a visa to enter France, however for all other citizenships; students will need to check requirements for their country through the French Embassy.
Information on Classes
All students will register for 6 credit hours total at WSU for the summer and pay
WSU tuition rate.
Students will have the opportunity to work on a project with a French company at the direction of faculty from ESC Pau Business School and WSU. A WSU instructor will teach the ENTR 310 class.
- Pau: ENTR 310 or elective equivalent (3) = WSU: ENTR 310 or ENTR 690(3)*
- Pau:IB333 or elective equivalent (3) = WSU: IB 333 or IB 690 (3)*
* dependent on each student's status in degree completion.
Costs of tuition & fees for 6 credit hours at WSU for summer 2023. There is also a $100 study abroad fee due in January. (Approximate total cost for in-state WSU tuition for this program will be $2,135)
- Approx. $700 Program Fee which includes accommodations excursions arranged by ESC Pau Business School and orientation program.
- Approx. $1,800 for round-trip airfare from Wichita, KS to Pau, France (Students will purchase airline tickets individually, however through prearranged travel agent so students will have the option to travel with WSU faculty and other students.)
- Approx. $600 to $800 for meals
Total Cost including all items mentioned above not including tuition and fees will be approximately $3,600. (Students should also expect to have other personal expenses such as laundry services, cell phone, International health insurance, local transportation/bus/taxis, as well as expenses for travel during breaks if students choose to visit other cities/countries.)
Scholarships for Summer Program
- $5,000 scholarships are available for this program to eligible students determined by the Barton School scholarship committee. Students must have 3.25 GPA or higher to be considered for these scholarships and demonstrate financial need to be eligible.
- The deadline for scholarship application is January 10.
- Study abroad scholarships are also available through the Office of International Education. Here is the link to their webpage and application form that you will need to complete and submit to their office.
Contact Ann Burger, Associate Director for Study Abroad & Exchange Programs at 316-978-5374 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about Study Abroad Programs call 316-978-3232 and ask to speak with the study abroad advisor or you can email the advisor at email@example.com, from there we'll help you learn about the opportunities available and find a program that's right for you. Check us out online at: wichita.edu/studyabroad.