Global Entrepreneurship Experience
France - 2020 Summer Program
Make studying abroad a reality this summer by participating in the Global Entrepreneurship Experience in France. Open to all WSU undergraduate students, it is coordinated by the W. Frank Barton School of Business and ESC Pau Business School.
Why should students participate in this program? Or perhaps a better question is, Why not?
"I decided to participate in the Global Entrepreneurship Program to get hands on experiences working with global companies. I believe this aspect of the program is extremely beneficial to my future and will help me understand business on a broader level. The experience ultimately gave me the opportunity to grow as an individual and become a better, more rounded, employee for my future employer. This experience has changed my life forever. I have lifelong friends and memories with people I didn’t even know 3 months ago." ~ Stephen Harpool, (2019 summer program)
"This study abroad program gave me a new perspective of myself and on life. Going into interviews from now on will be so much less nerve racking. I will have so much experience from this program that I can speak on and a lot more faith in my abilities and myself." ~ Brooke Wiltshire, (2019 summer program)
- Program will be held in Biarritz/Bayonne.
- Spend 6 weeks in France—June 8, 2020 to July 17, 2020.
- All classes are taught in English by faculty from WSU and ESC Pau Business School.
- Attend classes with French students.
- Participate in excursions throughout southern France, such as Bordeaux, Pau, Pyrenees Mountains, Tour de France and San Sebastian, Spain.
- Accommodations are single occupancy dorm rooms with private bathroom in Bayonne.
Complete the Barton School of Business general study abroad application. THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR THIS PROGRAM IS FEBRUARY 1, 2020, BUT STUDENTS WILL BE INITIALLY ACCEPTED ON A ROLLING BASIS. Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.25 and should have junior standing prior to summer 2020. (if students are interested in the program, however do not meet the GPA requirement or if they will not have junior standing—60 credit hours completed, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as an exception may be allowed.)
All students must have a valid passport. Passports can take 4 to 8 weeks to process so apply now if you do not have one. Students who are U.S. citizens will not need a visa to enter France, however for all other citizenships; students will need to check requirements for their country through the French Embassy.
All students will register for 6 credit hours total at WSU for the summer and pay
WSU tuition rate.
Students will have the opportunity to work on a project with a French company at the direction of faculty from ESC Pau Business School and WSU. A WSU instructor will teach the ENTR 310 class.
- Pau: ENTR 310 or elective equivalent (3) = WSU: ENTR 310 or ENTR 690 (3)*
- Pau: IB333 or elective equivalent (3) = WSU: IB 333 or IB 690 (3)*
* dependent on each student's status in degree completion.
Costs of tuition & fees for 6 credit hours at WSU for summer 2020. There is also a $100 study abroad fee added to tuition. (Approximate total cost for in-state WSU tuition for this program will be $1,800)
- Approx. $1,000 Program Fee which includes accommodations excursions arranged by ESC Pau Business School and orientation program.
- Approx. $1,800 for round-trip airfare from Wichita, KS to Biarritz, France (Students will purchase airline tickets individually, however through prearranged travel agent so students will have the option to travel with WSU faculty and other students.)
- Approx. $60 for Textbooks
- Approx. $600 to $800 for meals
Total Cost including all items mentioned above not including tuition and fees will be approximately $3,660. (Students should also expect to have other personal expenses such as laundry services, cell phone, International health insurance, local transportation/bus/taxis, as well as expenses for travel during breaks if students choose to visit other cities/countries.)
- Five $3,000 scholarships will be awarded for this program to eligible students determined by the Barton School scholarship committee. Students must have 3.25 GPA or higher to be considered for these scholarships and demonstrate financial need to be eligible.
- Study abroad scholarships are also available through the Office of International Education. Here is the link to their webpage and application form that you will need to complete and submit to their office.
Contact Ann Burger, Associate Director for Study Abroad & Exchange Programs at (316) 978-5374 or email@example.com
To find out more about Study Abroad Programs call (316) 978-3232 and ask to speak with the study abroad advisor or you can email the advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org, from there we'll help you learn about the opportunities available and find a program that's right for you. Check us out online at: www.wichita.edu/studyabroad.