The Engineering Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Once our students are out in the workforce, they should be able to:
- Pursue gainful careers and practice successfully in appropriate engineering techonology profession;
- Remain technically current and adapt to rapidly changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement;
- Demonstrate independent thinking and function effectively in diverse teams to solve open-ended problems in an industrial environment; and
- Communicate effectively and perform ethically and professionally in business, industry and society.
Member Selection Process and Duration of Terms:
Each department faculty member, a current board member or an alumni of the department can nominate successful individuals with a strong technical background with in complementary disciplines of the department, to become members of the board for a two-year term with possible reappointments. A staggered rotation of the membership of the Board will be established such that half of the new members will begin their term on the board each year. The advisory board will meet twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall.
(1) an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of mathematics,
science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate
to the discipline;
(2) an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline;
(3) an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature;
(4) an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results; and
(5) an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team.
Enrollment and Graduation Data