- Ph.D. 2013 Shandong Univerisity
Principal Research Interests
Our group is dedicated to designing, synthesis and characterization of emerging inorganic functional materials for energy and health applications. We are particularly interested in, but not limited to, solid-state cooling materials, nonlinear optical materials, photocatalytic degradation catalysts, and thermoelectric materials. The successful design of functional materials requires comprehensive knowledge of chemical bonds, crystal and electronic structures, microstructures, interfaces, defect chemistry, crystal growth, and properties characterization. We always welcome talented undergraduate and graduate students to be engaged in our lab and address fundamentally essential problems at the interface of inorganic chemistry, condensed matter physics, and materials science. Students in our lab will become experts in designing functional materials through learning various synthetic methods, crystal growth techniques, characterization techniques (X-ray and neutron crystallography, thermal analysis and spectroscopy, etc.), physical property measurements, as well as theory simulations.
- Vivian Nguyen , Bingheng Ji , Kui Wu , Bingbing Zhang , Jian Wang. “Unprecedented Mid-Infrared Nonlinear Optical Materials Achieved by Crystal Structure Engineering, a Case Study of (KX)P2S6(X=Sb, Bi, Ba). ” Chem. Sci. 2022. 13, 2640-2648.
- Bingheng Ji, Arka Sarkar, Kui Wu, Andrew Swindle, Jian Wang. “A2P2S6 (A=Ba, Pb): A Good Platform to Study Polymorph Effect and Lone Pairs Effect to Form Acentric Structure.” Dalton Trans., 2022, 51, 4522-4531.
- Bingheng, Ji, Kui Wu, Yunhua Chen, Fei Wang, Aaron Rossini, Bingning Zhang, Jian Wang. “Ba6(CuxZy)Sn4S16 (Z=Mg, Mn, Zn, Cd, In, Bi, Sn): High Chemical Flexibility Resulting in Good Nonlinear Optical Properties.” Inorg. Chem. 2022, 61, 5, 2640–265
- Zhengyang Ye, Wanyue Peng, Fei Wang, Ashiwini Balodhi, Rabindra Basnet, Jin Hu, Alexandra Zevalkink, Jian Wang. “Quasi-layered Crystal Structure Coupled with Point Defects Leading to Ultralow Lattice Thermal Conductivity in n Type Cu2.83Bi10Se16.” ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2021, 4, 10, 11325–11335
- Bingheng Ji, Krishna Pandey, Colin P. Harmer, Fei Wang, Kui Wu, Jin Hu, Jian Wang. “Centrosymmetric or Noncentrosymmetric? Transition Metals Talking in K2TGe3S8(T = Co, Fe).” Inorg. Chem. 2021, 60, 14, 10603–10613.
- Gary Cicirello, Kui Wu, Bingbing Zhang, Jian Wang. “Applying Band Gap Engineering to Tune Linear Optical and Nonlinear Optical Properties of Noncentrosymmetric Chalcogenides La4Ge3SexS12-x (x = 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10).” Inorg. Chem. Front. 2021, 8, 4914-4923