Samuel J. Yeager, Ph.D.
Wichita State University Hugo Wall School of Public Affairs
Dr. Sam J. Yeager specializes in organizational behavior, ethics, personnel administration, methodology, statistics, and computer applications. He is the author of more than 50 publications and is an active consultant to private industry, state and local governments.
Primary Teaching Areas
Organization Theory and Behavior; Ethics; Computer Applications
- Professor, Wichita State University, 1988-present
- Graduate Coordinator, Wichita State University, 1997-present
- Associate Professor, Wichita State University, 1982-1988
- Assistant Professor, Wichita State University, 1980-1982 (Public Administration)
- Assistant Professor, Wichita State University, 1976-1980 (Political Science)
- M.P.A. Advisor, University of Georgia, 1974-1975
- Research and Teaching Assistant, University of Georgia, 1973-1976
- Research Staff, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, 1972-1979
- USAF Special Operations Force, Eglin Air Force Base, 1968-1969
- Ph.D., Public Administration, University of Georgia, 1976
- M.P.A., Auburn University, 1972
- M.S., Education, Troy State University, 1971
- M.L.S., Library & Information Science, George Peabody College, 1968
- B.A., History and Political Science, University of Massachusetts, 1967
Yeager, Samuel J. "Where Do Research Questions Come From and How Are They Formulated?" In Miller and Yang (Eds.) Handbook of Research Methods in Public Administration. 2d edition. Miami: Taylor & Francis, 2008.
Yeager, Samuel J.; Hildreth, W. Bartley; Miller, Gerald, and Rabin, Jack. "What Difference Does Having an MPA Make?" Journal of Public Administration Education, 13, 2, 2007, 147-167.
Yeager, Samuel J.; Hildreth, W. Bartley; Miller, Gerald, and Rabin, Jack. "Relative Effects of Supervisory Emphasis on Ethical Behavior Versus Political Responsiveness." Public Integrity, 9, 2, Summer 2007, 265-283.
Yeager, Samuel J., "Classic Methods In Public Administration Research." In Rabin, Miller, and Hildreth (Eds.), Handbook of Public Administration. 3d edition. New York: Taylor & Francis, 2007.
Glaser, Mark; Yeager, Samuel J., and Parker, Lee. "Engaging Citizens: Neighborhood-based Organizations vs. Citizen Participation Organizations." Public Administration Quarterly, 30, 2, Summer 2006, 177-217.
Miller, Gerald; Yeager, Samuel J.; Hildreth, W. Bartley, and Rabin, Jack. "How Financial Managers Deal with Ethical Stress." Public Administration Review 65, 3, May/June, 2005, 301-312.