The mission of the Kansas Public Finance Center is to develop and help implement public strategies that will promote economic vitality in Kansas and to advance the study of applied public finance at Wichita State University.
Founded in 1994, the Kansas Public Finance Center (KPFC) at Wichita State University Hugo Wall School of Public Affairs provides research and service in the field of public finance. The Kansas Public Finance Center focuses on developing and implementing public strategies that promote economic vitality in Kansas and advancing the study and practice of public finance.
- Applying scholarly research in the area of public finance
- Serving as advisors to private and public policymakers on economic and fiscal issues
- Providing technical assistance on financial policies and practices with respect to state and local financing and municipal securities
- Hosting the annual Midwest Regional Public Finance Conference that attracts government finance professionals from several states
- Organizing specialized conferences and professional development workshops for financial managers in the public, private and non-profit sectors
- (coming soon)
Melissa A. Walker, Associate Professor
Midwest Regional Public Finance Conference
20th Annual Midwest Regional Public Finance Conference April 9-10, 2015