Assistant Professor and Graduate Coordinator
Experimental High Energy Particle Physics
Ph.D., University of Illinois, 2010
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 316-978-8347
- Office: 036 Jabara Hall
Dr. Muether's research is focused on experimental high energy particle physics and nuclear physics. He worked on the G0 Experiment at Jefferson National Laboratory (JLAB) studying parity-violating electron scattering from nuclear targets to probe nucleon sea quarks distributions. Recently, he is focusing on understanding the nature of neutrinos and their interactions with matter. He is a member of the Fermilab based NOvA and DUNE experiments. NOvA uses a pair of tracking calorimeters, one located in Chicagoland and the other in northern Minnesota, to study an intense beam of neutrinos produced at Fermilab. DUNE is a future high percision Fermilab based neutrino oscillation experiment.
- P. Adamson, et al., Measurement of the neutrino mixing angle Theta_23 in NOvA, Phys.Rev. Lett. 118, 151802, 2017.
- P. Adamson, et al., Constraints on oscillation parameters from nu_e appearance and nu_μ disappearance in NOvA, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 231801, 2017.
- P. Adamson, et al., Search for active-sterile neutrino mixing using neutral-current interactions in NOvA, Phys. Rev. D 96, 072006, 2017.
- B. Abi, et al., The single-phase ProtoDUNE technical design report, FERMILABDESIGN-2017-02, arXiv:1706.07081, 2017.
- P. Adamson et al., First measurement of electron neutrino appearance in NOvA, arXiv:1601.05022, Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 116, p. 151806, 2016.
- P. Adamson et al., First measurement of muon-neutrino disappearance in NOvA, arXiv:1601.05037, Phys. Rev. D, vol. 93, p. 051104(R), 2016.
- R. Acciarri et al., Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility (LBNF) and Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE) Conceptual Design Report Volume 2: The Physics Program for DUNE at LBNF, arXiv:1512.06148, submitted to Nucl. Inst. and Methods, Dec.2015.
- R. Acciarri et al.,Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility (LBNF) and Deep Underground Neutrino Experiment (DUNE) Conceptual Design Report, Volume 4 The DUNE Detectors at LBNF", arXiv:1601.02984, submitted to Nucl. Inst. and Methods.
- Mathew Muether. Nova: Current status and future reach. Nuclear Physics B-Proceedings Supplements, 237:135–140, 2013, Dec. 2015.
- Mathew Muether. Noνa detector technology with initial performance from the surface proto- type. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 408(1):012076, 2013.
- Androic D. et. al. Measurement of the parity-violating asymmetry in inclusive electroproduction of π− near the δ0 resonance. Physical review letters, 108(12):122002, 2012.
- Androic D. et. al. First measurement of the neutral current excitation of the delta resonance on a proton target. arXiv preprint arXiv:1212.1637, 2012.
- M Muether. Initial performance from the noνa surface prototype detector. Physics Procedia, 37:1139–1146, 2012.
- Androic D. et. al. The g0 experiment: Apparatus for parity-violating electron scattering mea- surements at forward and backward angles. Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section A: Accelerators, Spectrometers, Detectors and Associated Equipment, 646(1):59– 86, 2011.
- Androic D. et. al. Transverse beam spin asymmetries at backward angles in elastic electron- proton and quasielastic electron-deuteron scattering. Physical review letters, 107(2):022501, 2011.
- Androic D. et. al. Strange quark contributions to parity-violating asymmetries in the backward angle g0 electron scattering experiment. Physical review letters, 104(1):012001, 2010.