Richard S. Traverzo
Instructor and Ph.D. Candidate
Theoretical High Energy Physics
M.S., Wichita State University, 2013
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (316)-978-6146
- Office: Jabara Hall 113
To Prospective Students
Choosing the right instructor is never easy, but it is an important decision. You want someone with experience who can also give YOU a good experience. With nearly 10 years experience in academia, I have worked with 2000+ students who have achieved success in many career paths (medicine, engineering, etc.) The skills and training you learn in my introductory physics courses will prove invaluable in future courses and on the job. In addition to learning the fundamentals of mechanics, energy, thermodynamics, electricity, magnetism, and circuits, I will also emphasize important self-study skills and foster independance.
Please see the Course Catalog for detailed information on each of these courses. A complete listing of courses offered by WSU Physics can be found here.
- PHYS 213: General College Physics I
- PHYS 214: General College Physics II
- PHYS 313: Physics for Scientists I
- PHYS 314: Physics for Scientists II
My research interests lie in the field of theoretical high-energy physics, particulary at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) in Geneva, Switzerland. With a background in applied mathematics, I implement Monte-Carlo simulations of proton-proton collisions to various hard subprocesses to provide more precise theoretical estimates to existing LHC data. Computational tools include Herwig, Pythia 8, and Sherpa.
Selected Talks and Publications
- R. Traverzo. Software Packages for CERN Physics: Simulating High Energy Collisions with Event Generators at the LHC. WSU Bi-Weekly Physics Chat. 10-Feb-2017.
- R. Traverzo. A Linear Regression Model for NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Teams. STAT 763 Proceedings. 5-May-2016
- R. Traverzo. Derivation and Regularization of Corrections to Vertices and Propagators in Cubically-Interacting Scalar Field Theories. SOAR Open Access Repository. 29-Apr-2013.