Fairmount College Scholarship Policies
When selecting recipients, considering award renewals and monitoring fund requirement compliance, we follow these policies:
Funds awarded by the Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences are only available for students pursuing a degree in this college:
- All recipients must be enrolled at WSU, in the Fairmount College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, during the semester or academic year for which the award is made.
Recipients must meet minimum fund requirements during the award term.
- This includes minimum credit hour enrollment, GPA, degree or major, college and any additional requirements specified per the fund guidelines.
- Failure to meet minimum requirements will result in the withdrawal of funds, and you will be responsible for any charges assessed by Accounts Receivable.
- Recipients who believe that extenuating circumstances may prevent them from meeting any scholarship or fellowship requirements should contact the Fairmount College Scholarship Coordinator immediately at email@example.com.
- WSU scholarship policy requires new students who have been awarded a scholarship to be enrolled by July 1st. Continuing students must be enrolled by the last day to add full semester courses each semester. (Visit www.wichita.edu/schedule to view semester calendars.)
All recipients are expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress, which includes but is not limited to:
- Successful completion of courses with passing grades.
- Steady and efficient progress towards fulfilling degree requirements.
- Good academic standing.
Renewal of awards will be decided on a case by case basis:
- Any possible award renewals will be subject to individual fund guidelines, satisfactory academic progress, college and university policy, and the decision of the appropriate scholarship committee.
- Within the bounds of individual fund guidelines, scholarships and fellowships are intended to support students completing their first bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree. Renewals to recipients with more than the minimum credit hours required for their degree are not guaranteed.
Fund requirements determine student classification eligibility:
- Funds designated as scholarships are for undergraduate students.
- Funds designated as fellowships are for graduate students.
- Undergraduate classifications are based on completed credit hours: freshman (0-29), sophomore (30-59), junior (60-89), senior (90+).
Recipients must remain in contact with the Fairmount College Dean’s Office, specifically the Scholarship Coordinator:
- It is in a recipient’s best interest to contact the Scholarship Coordinator (as well as an academic advisor) before making changes in enrollment, major or student status. Such changes will likely affect eligibility for certain scholarships or fellowships.
- Correspondence will be conducted primarily through WSU email addresses. It is each recipient’s responsibility to regularly check and maintain this email account.
Showing gratitude is an essential part of receiving a scholarship or fellowship:
- It is important that recipients thank our donors. During the academic year, recipients will receive an email(s) containing contact information for their donor(s).
- The WSU Foundation hosts various luncheons and dinners to connect scholarship recipients with donors. It is expected that recipients will attend these events when invited.