Supporting our mission
The Art & Design Advocates board invites Wichita State students and faculty in the School of Art, Design and Creative Industries to submit funding requests for special projects and activities that fall outside the university’s normal funding channels. While the board will review all funding requests, priority will be given to projects that directly enhance the education and artistic expression of individuals or groups of students. The board customarily offers partial funding for one-time opportunities. As such, additional consideration will be given to projects with multiple funding sources, whether public or private.
The purpose of the Art & Design Advocates shall be to support the School of Art, Design and Creative Industries and its students by providing funding and support for special needs and opportunities, not financed through state or municipal funds, which will enhance the tradition of Art & Design excellence at Wichita State University.
Potential requests might include, but are not limited to:
- Conference expenses
- Education-related travel
- Workshops or other educational opportunities
- Costs associated with large or public-facing student projects or exhibitions
- Visiting artist/scholar expenses
- Faculty equipment requests
How to Apply
Complete the Art & Design Advocates Funding Request form. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and will be considered at the board’s monthly meetings. The board meets on the third Thursday of every month except July and December. Requests should be made well in advance of the anticipated need date. Depending on the scope of the request, applicants may be asked to attend a board meeting to further discuss their proposal.
In the following form, applicants will be asked to provide:
- Purpose of the request or project description
- A simple budget that includes the total cost of your request
- Amount requested from the Art & Design Advocates
- Other potential sources for funding and/or outstanding funding requests
- An explanation of how the funding will benefit the recipient and the school.
- An estimate of the number of students who will benefit.