8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (lunch is included)
IN-PERSON at NIAR
Registration for this class has closed. Check back for upcoming dates or sign up for the NIAR newsletter.
Learn to program Automated Fiber Placement (AFP) parts using the VERICUT Composites Programming (VCP) software. This third-party software can be used to program a wide variety of AFP machines. The five-day hands-on class covers material specifications, and how to import models, generate courses and plies, link them together, and post process. Attendees will also learn how to export models and programs from VCP into VERICUT Composites Simulation (VCS), which allows users to run the programs through a simulation to make sure the parts are laid up correctly, and find and correct machine over-travels and possible machine collisions. Attendees will be allowed to bring their own sample part for day five.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Read and interpret Composite ply specifications
- Control and work with course and ply generation
- Manually edit tows and courses
- Link courses together for efficient machine motion
- Analyze courses and links for compression and compaction
- Use collision avoidance settings
- Use post process settings for effective machine motion
Attendees will work with:
- CGTech composites technical support engineer
- NIAR ATLAS composites research programmers
- Electroimpact AFP robots
Not sure if this class is for you?