Virtual Workshop Dates: August 21-25, 2023
About the Virtual Workshop
This comprehensive workshop provides an awareness of all aspects of EME, HIRF, Lightning (systems/structure/ fuel tank) and PEDs - including aircraft testing/modeling - relative to regulatory compliance.
With recent revisions to guidance material and FAA policy towards Part 23 Ammendment 64, Fuel Tanks (25.981/954), Level A classification, aircraft EMI and PED tolerance, it is critical that anyone working in this field be up to date on requirements.
- Background and why HIRF/Lightning is important
- FAA/EASA Harmonized HIRF and System Lightning requirements
- DO-160 equipment qualification
- Full aircraft certification and resting, including methods for data reduction
- Pitfalls and problems
- Installation design issues
- Discussion of 25.981/25.954 rule revision and compliance
- EME modeling
- Direct effects of lightning design and compliance
- Discussion on PED tolerance policy and compliance
With emphasis on practical experience to certification and design guidance, this workshop is relevant to engineers and technicians involved in all aspects of EME compliance, including aircraft HIRF and lightning clearance.
M-F 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM (CST)
(includes 1 hour lunch)
Tuition is $2,500 per student
Cancellations and Refunds:
All cancellations must be made in writing. A 15% administrative fee will be assessed on all cancellations (this includes purchase orders). There will be no refunds after August 18, 2023. WSU reserves the right to cancel the program due to lack of enrollment. In that event, WSU will refund any pre-paid course fees but will not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.