Tia oversees campus activities for Wichita State University and provides oversight to the Student Activities Council, major campus events, and support to Campus Activities & Recreation.
Master of Education in Higher Education Administration
The University of Akron | Akron, OH
Bachelor of Arts in Art, Minor in Sociology
Eastern Kentucky University | Richmond, KY
Creating meaningful and memorable experiences for students throughout their academic career.
- Event Planning
- Risk/Crisis Management
- Student Development
- Strategic Thinking
Campus Activities & Recreation, Wichita State University
August 2021 - Present
- Provide oversight to enhancing the Shocker Experience through campus activities
- Coordinate major Student Affairs events Shockers After Dark, The Toast
- Oversight to the Student Activities Council
- Serve as a senior level staff member in Campus Activities & Recreation driving strategic planning for the department, operational management, student leader development, staff development and student retention.
Student Involvement, Wichita State University
Assistant Director, Student Involvement | June 2017 - August 2021
- Provide oversight to the Campus Traditions Committee and events like Shocktoberfest & Hippodrome
- Coordinate major Student Involvement Events and programs in Student Affairs like Back to School Bash, Family Weekend, and The Toast
- Supervise the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator who advises the Student Involvement Ambassadors
- Supervise staff in the advisement of the Student Activities Council
- Manage the Cadman Art Gallery
- Serve as a senior level staff member in Student Involvement driving strategic planning for the department, operational management, student leader development, staff development and student retention.
Senior Coordinator of Student Activities | October 2014 - June 2017
- Provide oversight to the Student Activities Council managing organizational operations for over 50 annual programs.
- Manage the Cadman Art Gallery
- Coordinate Student Involvement led events.
Activities Office, Rhatigan Student Center
Program Advisor | July 2009 - October 2014
- Co-advised committees of the Student Activities Council on coordinating campus events.
- Advised student leaders in the areas of event management, marketing, risk/crisis management and financial management.
- Served along-side an advisor team of three other staff to provide strategic planning and organizational oversight to the Student Activities Council and Activities Office.
Serv Corps, AmeriCorps Kentucky
Literacy Tutor | July 2008 - June 2009
- Provide literacy coaching to at-risk reading students at Madison Middle School
- Coordinate programs promoting literacy to parents and family members of at-risk students
- Coordinate the "Hats of to Reading" program for Read Across America Day in collaboration with area YMCA
Housing & Residence Life, The University of Akron
Graduate Assistant | August 2006 - May 2008
- Coordinate the Emerging Leaders first-year Living Learning Community
- Select members of the Ritchie and Honors communities for participation in the program
- Instruct the Emerging Leaders first-year seminar course
- Advise the Residence Hall Program Board, a major programming board serving over 2,500 on-campus residents