New Procedures for VUB Participants, Visitors, and Staff During COVID-19 Pandemic
Here at Veterans Upward Bound, we have the utmost concern for the health and safety of our veterans and staff. We are encouraging contact via indirect, electronic means, ie: email, phone call, text message, video chat, Facebook messenger and similar apps.
The following precautions MUST be taken by all entrants of the building, VUB staff
First and foremost: if you are sick, please stay home.
We will no longer accept walk-in visitors.
Appointments MUST be made through our Book Now button on our Facebook Page, or by calling one of the following numbers:
- (316) 978-6742
- (316) 978-6743
- (316) 978-6749
Prior to your visit you will be asked the following questions:
- Have you had contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you had contact with someone under investigation for COVID-19?
- Have you had contact with someone with a respiratory illness?
You must wait for a verbal confirmation BEFORE coming in to our office.
We ask that you do NOT come to the VUB office if you are currently exhibiting any of the below symptoms or have had exposure to anyone with the below symptoms in the last 21 days:
- Internal body temperature above 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Body aches
- Difficulty arising from sleep
If any of the above symptoms arise during your visit, you will be asked respectfully to leave.
- We can only serve ONE person at a time in the Student Computer Lab
- We will not be able to provide any visitation to campus facilities
- We are praticing SOCIAL DISTANCING; staff and any visitors must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from one another.
We ask that you AVOID coming to the VUB office if you fall under any of the following criteria:
- You have traveled anywhere outside of the United States in the last 3 MONTHS
- You have traveled to any of the following US States within the past 21 DAYS: California, New York, Washington State, and Colorado
- You have been on a cruise ship within the last 3 months