Human Resources: COVID-19 Information for Employees & Supervisors
COVID-19 Resources for Employees & Supervisors
There are many resources available for employees of Wichita State during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is a collection of HR-related resources intended for employees and supervisors, from both WSU HR, WSU Strategic Communications, WSU Pandemic Team, and the US Department of Labor.
Note: This is a complex, challenging, and fluid situation which continues to evolve rapidly. All information is subject to change as deemed necessary by University leadership in accordance with guidance and recommendations issued by federal, state, and local public health and government officials.
- Employee Resources
- Supervisor Resources
- What You Need to Know About Coming to Campus
- COVID-19 Safety Supplies
- Leave Related to COVID-19: Forms, Checklists & Info
- COVID-19: Other Helpful Resources for Wichita State Employees
- Employee Procedures for COVID-19 - Checklist.
What to do if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19, have been exposed to COVID-19, are awaiting test results for COVID-19 or have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
What You Need to Know About Coming to Campus
- Perform a daily personal wellness check before coming to campus and do not come to campus if you feel ill.
- Practice social distancing while on campus.
- All students, faculty, staff, and visitors — regardless of vaccination status — will be required to wear a mask in all campus classrooms and laboratories.
- All members of our campus community are encouraged to wear masks in all other indoor campus locations, except in a private office.
- Wear additional personal protective equipment required by your department.
- Wash your hands when arriving and leaving campus, and upon returning to your workspace.
- Disinfect your personal workspace and common/high traffic work areas you are accountable for in your department.
All individuals (students, employees, visitors) on-site at Wichita State University will be asked to comply with the following health and safety measures:
- Limit interaction with others as much as possible
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Do not come onto campus if you exhibit any symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the 24 hours prior to your arrival
- Do not come onto campus if you have been exposed to COVID-19 unless you have complied with any recommended quarantine period
- Limit your interactions to designated areas, as necessary
COVID-19 Safety Supplies
Any office needing supplies can submit a work order request.
COVID-19 Leave: Forms & Information
Use the resouces below for questions about requesting COVID-19 Leave Accommodations. For additional information not found in the resources below, contact the HR Total Rewards team at TotalRewards@wichita.edu.
- COVID-19 Employee Report
- Supervisor Procedures - Employee is Diagnosed With or Exposed to COVID-19
- Employee Procedures - Employee is Diagnosed with, Exposed to, or Showing Symptoms of COVID-19
- Travel-Related Quarantine Guidelines (KDHE PDF)
- International Travel Form
COVID-19: Other Helpful Resources for Wichita State Employees
The following links contain resources that you may find helpful as an employee of Wichita State University.
- wichita.edu/COVID - Wichita State COVID-19 Response Mainpage. Find the latest information and answers about the university's wide-ranging response to the pandemic from the Wichita State University Pandemic Team.
- wichita.edu/COVID-19 - Information about COVID-19 managed by WSU Student Health Services.
- wichita.edu/EmployeeConnection - Wichita State Employee Connection Mainpage. Information on staying connected while working off-campus. Find information about working remotely, team connections, professional development, leadership, personal wellness, and tips for teleworking.
- COVID-19 Response: Guidance for WSU Faculty & Staff - Find additional Resources and FAQ for Wichita State Employees from the Wichita State University Pandemic Team.
- COVID-19 Response: Supervisor FAQ - Find supervisor information about reopening plans, managing employees, recruiting/hiring, and managing graduate teaching assistants from the Wichita State University Pandemic Team.
Who to Contact
HR Service Center
Updated: 1/31/2022 SRAP