This area of the Financial Operations & Business Technology office is responsible
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Calculates and reconciles the hours turned in by the departments.
- Converts hours into gross wages
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, miscellaneous payroll deductions,
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and
social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed