Inclement weather information and communication
Safety is a top priority at Wichita State University. Please take a few moments to read through the information below regarding how we will keep you informed of weather-related activity.
- We strongly encourage you to sign up for the Shocker Alert System, which will send weather and class alerts to your phone and / or email. The system is equipped with instant National Weather Service tornado warnings. Tornado warnings were previously issued manually by the University Police Department, so the system now shaves minutes off the notification time.
- The WSU website will be updated with a warning message during a weather situation that impacts classes or activities on campus.
- WSU's official WSU Facebook and Twitter pages will be updated with pertinent information.
- You can call the Activity Line / Weather and Class Status at 316-978-6633, option 2.
- For more information about weather outlook, consult the National Weather Service forecast for Wichita.
- See a list of tornado shelters for each building on campus.