Off PBX Telephone Integration Users Guide
EC5OO is turned on for your extension through programming performed by Wichita State University, Telecommunications Services. When this feature is activated it will ring your desk phone and your cell phone at the same time.
Because of the association between your cell phone and your desk phone, calls to campus from your cell phone will appear to come from your desk phone. This is can be a more professional presentation, and can hide your cell number to provide savings on cellular minute plans.
A new button will be available on your phone the EC500 activation/deactivation button and the light will shine on that button when it is activated. When It Is activated calls ring both the desk phone and the remote phone (usually cell, but could be any external number).
The next button down is the Extend Call button and will bridge an active call to your cell phone. When pressed during an active call, your cell phone will ring without alerting the party you are talking to. You can then answer the cell phone, then hang up the desk phone and walk out of your office continuing the call on your cell phone.
Here are some commands you can run remotely:
- To turn EC500 on remotely, dial (316) 978‐4395 from your cell phone.
- To tum ECS00 off remotely, dial (316) 978‐4396 from your cell phone.
- To remotely activate Send all Calls on your desk telephone, dial (316) 978‐4393 from your cell phone.
- To remotely deactivate Send all Calls on your desk telephone, dial (316) 978‐4394 from your cell phone.
- To remotely Forward All Calls from your desk phone to another number, dial (316) 978‐4391 from your cell phone. You will immediately hear dial tone at which time you may dial the four digit number where you want to forward your desk phone calls.
- To remotely Cancel Call Forward All Calls from your desk phone to another number, dial (316) 978‐4392 from your cell phone.
These calls will last only a few seconds and then will disconnect automatically, but the remote actions described next allow you to make or take calls. To make all of these remote actions easier, you can create contacts and speed dials on your cell phone to quickly make these calls.
If you have a call on hold on your desk phone and want to pick it up on your cell phone, dial (316) 978‐4398 on your cell phone and you will be immediately connected to the call on hold.
To make a call from your desk phone using your cell phone dial (316) 978‐4399. You will capture the first call appearance on your desk phone so you can dial any call as if you were at your desk. When you have dial tone, dial the number as if you were on campus, followed by the# sign. As if you were on campus, dial 9 to call off campus. This will allow you to make Internal, local and long distance calls from your desk phone using your cell, but presenting your office number to the world. This can provide tremendous savings on international long distance versus cellular international long distance charges, and can hide your cell number to provide savings on cellular minute plans.
For any further inquiry about EC500, please contact Telecommunications at (316) 978‐3535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.