WICHITA, KANSAS (March 9, 2020)- The Wichita State University Student Government Association Elections Commission has officially ended the formal Declaration of Candidacy process. The Commission is excited about this upcoming election season to elect the members of the 63rd Student Government Association Session and the amount of candidates who have dedicated themselves to running and potentially serving the student body. The following candidates have been approved by the SGA Elections Commission, formally declaring them as candidates after having met all the requirements set by SGA Statue 003: The Association’s Elections. To learn more about the candidates, please visit wichita.edu/sgaelections.
The following candidates for Student Body President and Student Body Vice President have been approved by the SGA Elections Commission, formally declaring them as candidates after having met all the requirements set by SGA Statue 003: The Association’s Elections
- Rija Khan and Mackenzie Haas
- Maribel Sanchez and Courtney Price-Dukes
The following candidates for Student Senator have been approved by the SGA Elections Commission, formally certifying them as candidates after having met all the requirements set by SGA Statue 003
- College of Engineering (4 seats): Jay Thomspon, Adriana Lares
- College of Fine Arts (2 seats): John Kirk
- Graduate School (3 seats): Alexander Ratcliffe, Merrick Preti
- Honors College (2 seats): Jacob Tubach, Ella Ihrig
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (7 seats): Grant Day, Breanna Guy
- College of Business (4 seats): Vanessa Cowdin
- College of Health Professions (4 seats): Cheyenne Nguyen, Ballie McCosh
- Underserved Senator (8 seats): Eli Flores, Hannah Ezell
- International Students (2 seats): Saiprakash Ragi
- At-Large (17 seats): Chad Roseberger, Zachary James, Tayton Majors, Crystal Zacarias, Aaron Mounts, Vanessa Teran, Storm Dial, Quinn Hughes, Ella Perkins
- College of Applied Studies (4 seats): No candidate declared
- Out of State (2 seats): No candidate declared
- Veteran Students (1 seat): No candidate declared
- Returning Adults (3 seats): No candidate declared
The SGA Elections Commission invites any member of the Association to conduct a write-in campaign for any position to be contested in the General Election. A write-in candidate is defined as a member of the Association who publicly announced their candidacy and whose name will not appear on the ballot. Any write-in candidate who violates any of the regulations in the Elections Statute shall be subject to the same sanctions. Any write-in candidate who does not meet the qualifications outlined for holding office will be disqualified and/or removed by the Election Commission.
Any questions regarding SGA Election can be sent to the Elections Commissioner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Government Association Election Commission is responsible for the administration of the Student Government Association Elections, as well as the administration of additional events at the discretion of the Election Commission that aim to promote the elections, inform the student body about the elections, provide the candidates with information, allow candidates an opportunity to promote themselves, or otherwise contribute to a fair, efficient, and publicized elections.