Wichita, Kansas - Student Body President Rija Khan has formally announced the members of her President’s Cabinet to serve alongside her during the 64th session of the Student Government Association:
- Kamilah Gumbs was elected as Student Body Vice President alongside President Khan. Gumbs is a senior from Sint Maarten studying Political Science with minors in Communication and Sociology.
- Zachary James was confirmed to his second term as the Student Body Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer of the Association. James is a senior from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma studying Journalism and Political Science.
- Ella Ihrig was confirmed to her post as Chief of Staff to the Office of the President and Vice President. Ihrig is in her second year of service to the Association. Ihrig is a senior from Goodland, Kansas studying Honors Baccalaureate.
- Shelby Parscale was confirmed to her post as Director of Media Relations. Parscale is in her first year of service to the Student Government. Parscale is a junior from Kansas City, Missouri studying Communications with an emphasis in Electronic Media.
- Laura Cunningham was confirmed as the inaugural holder as Director of Sustainability. Cunningham is in her first year of service to the Student Government. Cunningham is a junior from Wichita, Kansas studying Psychology.
- Jadie Chauncey was confirmed to be the next Student Advocate. Chauncey served as President Khan’s Director of Policy Development during the 63rd Chauncey is a senior from Junction City, Kansas studying social work and Honors Baccalaureate with a minor in Political Science.
- Hunter Minette was appointed via executive order to serve as Director of Legislative Affairs. Minette was elected to serve as an At-Large senator before resigning to accept this post. Minette is a sophomore from Wichita, Kansas studying Political Science and Psychology.
- David Liu was appointed via executive order to serve as Director of Health and Wellness. Liu is the former Academic Affairs Chair and was elected to serve as a Health Professions Senator before resigning to accept this post. Liu a junior from Los Angeles, California studying Nursing with minors in Chemistry, Psychology and Honors.
- Hannah Harpel was re-appointed via executive order to serve a second term as Director of Community Engagement and Outreach. Harpel is a junior from Wichita, Kansas studying Management Information Systems.
- Itzia Barraza-Cordova was appointed to serve as Interim Director of Public Relations. Barraza-Cordova will face confirmation by the Student Senate in August when the Senate returns to full session. Barraza-Cordova is a junior from Eureka, Kansas studying Political Science.
Khan, who is in her second term as Student Body President, is a senior from Karachi, Pakistan studying Criminal Justice with a minor in Philosophy and Political Science. She launched her re-election campaign with Vice President Gumbs to bring a Legacy of Change. “I am excited to work with my new Cabinet. There are a lot of initiatives we want and need to accomplish. We spent a lot of time selecting this group of individuals and we look forward to further the mission of the student body ” said Khan. ##
The Wichita State University Student Government Association is the official governing body of all 16,000 students at Wichita State University. The Student Government recognizes student organizations, oversees the Student Services Fees, and represents students to WSU faculty, staff, and administrators, local, state and federal government entities. The Student Government Association celebrates 110 years of advocacy during the 64th session living out our motto that “Students Come First!”