Wichita, Kansas - Speaker of the Student Senate Jacob Tubach, a senior double majoring in Psychology and Criminal Justice with an Honors track in Law and Public Policy from Strong City, Kansas, has formally announced the members of his Leadership Team to serve alongside him during the 64th session of the Student Government Association:
- Senator John Kirk was confirmed by the Senate to serve a dual role as Speaker Pro-Tempore of the Senate and Chair of the Budget and Finance Committee. Kirk is a junior from Dallas, Texas studying Music Education.
- Senator Ella Perkins was confirmed by the Senate to serve her second term as Chair of the Government Relations Committee. Perkins is a senior from Wichita, Kansas studying Political Science.
- Senator Jay Thompson was confirmed by the Senate to serve as Chair of the Academic Affairs Committee. Thompson is a junior from Wichita, Kansas studying Aerospace Engineering.
- Senator Omar Brantley was confirmed by the Senate to serve as the Chair of the Diversity, Empowerment and Inclusion Committee. Brantley is a junior from Bonner Springs, Kansas studying Social Work.
- Senator Rexhd Martin was confirmed by the Senate to serve as Chair of the Safety and Student Services Committee. Martin is a sophomore from Wichita, Kansas studying Marketing with a Policy Science minor.
- Senator Tayton Majors was confirmed by the Senate to serve his second term as Chair of the Ways and Means Committee. Majors is a senior from Fort Scott, Kansas studying Honors Pre-Law Track.
“I have full confidence in the individuals I have selected for the Senate Leadership. These Senators have gone above and beyond for the students of Wichita State, and together, they will continue to lead initiatives that will improve this University. Each one brings different perspectives and experiences to the table, and I look forward to drawing from all of them as we guide the Student Senate,” said Tubach. ##
The Wichita State University Student Government Association is the official governing body of all 16,000 students at Wichita State University. The Student Government recognizes student organizations, oversees the Student Services Fees, and represents students to WSU faculty, staff, and administrators, local, state and federal government entities. The Student Government Association celebrates 110 years of advocacy during the 64th session living out our motto that “Students Come First!”