Campus Security Authorities (CSA)
The Clery Act defines “Campus Security Authorities” as:
- A campus police/security department of an institution;
- Any individual who has responsibility for campus security, but does not constitute a campus police/security department;
- Any individual/organization specified in campus security policy as an individual/organization to which students/employees should report crimes; and/or
- An official of the institution who has significant responsibility for student and campus activities. An official is defined as any person who has the authority and the duty to take action or respond to particular issues on behalf of the institution.
For Wichita State University, the following are CSAs:
- Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance
- Title IX Coordinator and Deputies
- Residence Hall Administrators, including RAs, RLCs and CDCs
- Deans, Associate and Assistant Deans
- University Directors of Offices, including Affiliated Entities
- President, Provost, Vice Presidents, Associate VPs
- Athletic Director, Senior Associate Athletic Directors, Head and Assistant Coaches
- UPD Officers and Security Personnel
- Student Organization Advisors
- Coordinators for Offsite Educational Programs
CSAs must report all allegations of Clery crimes made to them in good faith through the appropriate reporting structures. Go here for the Clery Reporting form.
CSAs are required to complete training each year. The training is available in MyTraining within each employee's myWSU portal.