Wichita State University seeks to empower students, faculty, staff and the greater Wichita community to create a culture and experience that meets their ever-changing needs.
- Provide opportunities and resources that facilitate work-life balance.
- Provide structural resources, policies, practices, and oversight that foster transparency among campus groups and ensure diverse and inclusive participation.
- Create and promote the use of inclusive campus spaces aligned with the Facilities Master Plan.
- Support and recognize contributions from campus community members and partners.
- Provide a visually welcoming, safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for students, faculty, staff, visitors, and the community.
- Provide innovative programs that promote sustained healthy behaviors for students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- Provide unique, meaningful, and ongoing programming for faculty, staff and student interaction that expands students’ sensibilities about their role in the global community.
- Develop an intentional plan to increase student engagement on campus and in the greater Wichita community.
Exemplar strategic initiatives
- Master planning process
- Shocker Neighborhood project
- Annual faculty awards
- Shared-governance activities
- University job architecture
- GRASP reception (support culture of research)
- Public Relations Institute
- CliftonStrengths Campus
- Brand engagement project
Key Performance Indicators
- Percentage to report that shared governance is valued at Wichita State
- Percentage to report that Wichita State lives core and distinctive values
- Percentage of sustainability (Tuition revenue, Innovation Campus revenue, deferred maintenance, applications)
- Student engagement in arts programs
- Athletics (sponsorships)