About WSU South
What we do.
Concerned about the quality of your higher education? Want to attend small WSU classes in your neighborhood? Then you should come to the WSU South in Derby.
We are excited to bring quality WSU higher education and small classes in a friendly environment to the communities in southern Sedgwick county. We are located conveniently off K-15 in the heart of Derby and is readily accessible from the surrounding communities.
Why sign up at WSU South?
- Quality WSU general education classes and professional programs including Accelerated Nursing and Elementary Teacher Education Program.
- Friendly setting for higher education right in your neighborhood.
- 95% student satisfaction rate.
- We enroll traditional, non-traditional and high school guest students.
- State-of-the-art facilities and audio/visual teaching aids.
- Small classes and more accessibility to faculty/staff.
- Computer laboratory with 30 latest-technology work stations.
- Convenient wireless access to the internet and the WSU network.
- Day, night time and Saturday classes (when scheduled) for your convenience.
- Student lounge and study areas with computer work stations.
- Convenient location with plenty of parking space.
- Accessibility for mobility-challenged students.
- Free, one-on-one Student services.
- WSU South students have equal access to all facilities and amenities at the WSU main campus and WSU West.
- Credit and noncredit courses are offered.
- New courses and programs will be added as we expand our operation in response to community needs.