The College of Health Professions is proud to announce the winners of the third annual Sam & Rosemary Sherr Dean’s Excellence Award (Scholarship/Fellowship) for academic year 2021-22. Each year all departments granting academic degrees in the CHP nominate one student for the Sherr Scholarship Award. The scholarship winner will be awarded $10,000 and all other student nominees will also receive $4,000.
The College of Health Professions congratulates the following recipients:
Dean’s Excellence $10,000 award winner
- Rola Khaleel, from Zarqa, Jordan, is an Audiology student in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
Additional Sherr Scholarship winners
Six additional students will be awarded $4,000 from the Sherr Scholarship Program for the upcoming 2021-22 academic year.
- Sarah Buie, from Derby, Kansas, is a triple-major with Health Science, Psychology and Health Science Management.
- Angel Holguin, from Lyons, Kansas, is a student in the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Dane Mitchell, from Perry, Kansas, is a graduate student in the Physician Assistant program.
- Rosangela Pino-Alonso, from Sancti Spiritus, Cuba and Miami, Florida, is a student in the Department of Dental Hygiene.
- Brooke Schutte, from Turner, Michigan, is a graduate student in the Physical Therapy program.
- Lydia Schwertfeger, from Wichita, Kansas, is a graduate student in the School of Nursing.
Information regarding the Sam & Rosemary Sherr Scholarship and other College of Health Professions scholarship opportunities can be found at www.wichita.edu/chpscholarships.
Wichita State University serves as the Kansas urban-based research university, enrolling more than 15,000 students from every state in the U.S. and more than 100 countries. Wichita State and WSU Tech are recognized for being student centered and innovation driven.
Located in the largest city in the state with one of the highest concentrations in the United States of jobs involving science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), Wichita State University provides uniquely distinctive and innovative pathways of applied learning, applied research and career opportunities for all of our students.
The Innovation Campus, which is a physical extension of the Wichita State University main campus, is one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing research/innovation parks, encompassing over 120 acres and is home to a number of global companies and organizations.