The days of social distancing continue and have left many of us feeling, well, a little bummed out and stir-crazy. Though we have started back to school and are keeping active working from home, it's easy to fall into a rut.
While our spring breaks weren't spent relaxing under the warm sun or skiing down the slopes, luckily, there's more than one way to enjoy the vacation that never happened. Instead of trying Maddie's 10 tips, broaden your horizons with some virtual tours.
"Walk" through some of the most famous cultural institutions, like The Louvre and Museum of Natural History, then go on a virtual vacation and "ooh" and "aw" over popular tourist destinations. And regardless of your age, enjoy some live footage of animals playing at the zoo!
Become an art expert
Experience the best museums from Wichita all the way to France and Seoul in the comfort of your home. Check out these sits to go on virtual tours of museums and exhibits.
- Ulrich Museum of Art at Wichita State University
- High Museum of Art, Atlanta
- The Louvre
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- National Museum of the United State Air Force
- National Women's HIstory Museum
- Van Gogh Museum
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Did someone say vacay?
Traveling might be out of the cards right now but don't let that stop you from touring must-see sights in the United States and across the world. Cross one of these trips off your bucket list, all from the comfort of your couch.
- Google Earth Tour of 31 national parks of the United States
- Take a stroll along the Great Wall of China
- Check out the view from Pompeii through Google Maps
- Get up close and personal with Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park
- Walk through Stonehenge
- Survey the awe-inspiring achievement of the Great Pyramids at Giza
- Click around the virtual tour of The Colosseum
Pandas, polar bears and penguins, oh my!
Through live streams and webcams, pandas, polar bears and penguins have captured the hearts of thousands of viewers. Don’t forget the puppies that explored the aquarium at night. While zoos are closed, don’t let that stop you from checking in on our favorite exhibits. Grab your friends, your family or your pet and watch your favorite animals become stars.
- Atlanta Zoo panda cam
- Georgia Aquarium
- Kansas City Zoo penguin cam
- Ouwehand Park polar bear watch
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- San Diego Zoo
- Smithsonian's National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
Time to get groovy
With hundreds of tours canceled across the nation, many musicians are taking their concerts to Instagram and Facebook live. Tune in and dance it out to your favorite artist.